Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What’s up guys,
I’ve been going back and forth since i got the car about chrome deleting it. What do you guys think? To me none of the chrome matches on the car. Around the windows is more of a silver whereas the rest is shiny chrome. I’m attaching both options below, the not blacked out car is mine.
TOP 2 PHOTOS IS MY CAR NOT THE BOTTOM 2 WHERE ITS CHROME DELETED
If anyone has done anything like this please share your photos! Also any other ideas to make the qx30’s better looking.
-B

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
I'd have to see more pictures of the "all black" look to render final judgement. However, I tend to not like that look, on most vehicles -- looks cheap. Definitely don't do all-black wheels!

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to see more pictures of the "all black" look to render final judgement. However, I tend to not like that look, on most vehicles -- looks cheap. Definitely don't do all-black wheels!
Yes, that’s my biggest fear. I only want to make it look more classy/sporty. Definitely never doing black wheels, i upgraded my wheels from what they came with to the best stock QX30 package of wheels in my opinion. Love them. Thanks for your response.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I blacked out all the trim on the car, it makes it look so much better. There are many others on this forum that have done the same and have posted pictures. I also got window visors as well, I think it adds a sporty look to them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I blacked out all the trim on the car, it makes it look so much better. I also got window visors as well, I think it adds a sporty look to them.
Wow, that looks great! I love the grey with the black trim. Very sporty look, great job.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I blacked out all the trim on the car, it makes it look so much better. There are many others on this forum that have done the same and have posted pictures. I also got window visors as well, I think it adds a sporty look to them.
Quick question:
Did you lower your car as well?

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh awesome, Thank you. Any difference in the ride? issues with your speedometer being off etc.? I’m definitely going to look into it. I looked into the front lip springer kit but didn’t like the look.

·
Registered
32 Posts
With the stock wheels, no issues with the speedometer and the ride is a lot smoother. I am considering switching back to stock wheels after I go through these tires.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the stock wheels, no issues with the speedometer and the ride is a lot smoother. I am considering switching back to stock wheels after I go through these tires.
Oh wow, that’s good to know. I switched my stock wheels out for another stock pair but a more sportier pair for the QX30 about a month ago and i’ve never been happier. Unfortunately, i’ll have to find something to do with my old ones!
Attaching before and after.
serial #KE4095D300

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
I dunno, personally I like your "old rims" with the chrome around the trim. I still think the chrome looks good with your "new" rims. If you don't like the chrome then get it wrapped. Worst comes to worst you can have the wrap removed 🤷‍♂️.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dunno, personally I like your "old rims" with the chrome around the trim. I still think the chrome looks good with your "new" rims. If you don't like the chrome then get it wrapped. Worst comes to worst you can have the wrap removed 🤷‍♂️.
Yeah, definitely i just would hate to make the investment to wrap it and not like how it comes out! Places in NJ have quoted me no less than 600$ for a total chrome delete. Seems super crazy.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
I agree, that's absurd. You could try to do it yourself for like 1/6 of the cost, or live with the chrome.

Reactions: b_corrigan

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, with Eibach Springs. The Part # is E10-25-035-02-22.

This is what it looked like with stock wheels
I just looked up that lowering kit. About 300$. Is there anything else i’d need for it? Also, is it a tough job/lots of labor, can i normal shop take care of it? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Yea, after seeing more pictures I'd vote "NO" to blacking out the trim. The silver trim looks better. The black trim looks cheap. I'm not a fan of lowering the QX30 or window visors, either. Both look "cheap".

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did it myself. Used Avery gloss black.
View attachment 2411
View attachment 2410
Has anyone considered changing the trim to a gunmetal finish? Mine is Ink Blue w/dark metal sport wheels. Thought gunmetal colored trim would set it off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yea, after seeing more pictures I'd vote "NO" to blacking out the trim. The silver trim looks better. The black trim looks cheap. I'm not a fan of lowering the QX30 or window visors, either. Both look "cheap".
guess you haven't seen black optic package from Audi or the BMW equivalent.

Chrome is on the way out and looks cheap to me......but....to each their own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts