Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had issues with their windshield causing dizziness, eye strain, headaches, etc.? My original windshield had vertical distortion lines. The one Infiniti replaced it with has a distortion in the center area. It is hard to see, be throws your eyes off to the point of feeling dizzy. Infiniti says it is to their specifications, regardless of the fact that everyone that gets in it gets a headache. 2 for 2 bad windshields makes me think I am not alone.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Interesting. I haven't experienced that problem. Although I find the infotainment screen to be excruciatingly bright, at night. I've turned the brightness all the way down, but it still makes my eyes sore and ruins my night vision.

I've actually been intending to "tint" a screen protector that I can put over the display to make it more palatable.

During the day, however, my windshield is clear and has no noticeable distortion.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Document it with photo and/or video. Get in touch with Infiniti corporate customer relations. If they give you resistance, get with the BBB and let Infiniti corporate know. If your photo/video clearly identifies the issue, you should be taken care of.

Has anyone else had issues with their windshield causing dizziness, eye strain, headaches, etc.? My original windshield had vertical distortion lines. The one Infiniti replaced it with has a distortion in the center area. It is hard to see, be throws your eyes off to the point of feeling dizzy. Infiniti says it is to their specifications, regardless of the fact that everyone that gets in it gets a headache. 2 for 2 bad windshields makes me think I am not alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: I contacted Infiniti again. They still say it is to their specifications and that there is no way they were replacing it again - even though I had a reputable glass company write them a letter stating it had noticeable defects. I ended up returning it the dealership (at a 20% loss). Months later I went to look at a QX60 for my wife and it had vertical distortion lines down each side of the windshield. The salesman got the manager to open all of the QX60's on the lot and every one of them had it. They said that they had never noticed it before, but that they can't not notice it now. I guess I won't be looking at Inifiniti any more.
Image: Look at how the top of the right tail light on the Porsche, as well as the bumper above the tag, appear to zig-zap.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts