Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a Qx30 2018 and having problems with temp gauge staying above 3/4 mark and feel like the windows are not closed and hear air from all 4 of the windows pulled over to make sure all doors and windows were shut and closed but can still hear the air also anyone else have to make sure that button for gas/ engine saver is totally off every time you start car. I just purchased this car and I'm convinced that I should return vehicle one more thing my phone port near the dash will not work but the one in my middle console works...i must add I'm truly disappointed

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
The temp gauge should be around the 3/4 mark. When you say yours is above that, how far above is it? Can you post a picture?

The QX30 is an entry-level vehicle from a premium brand — it’s nicer than your average Honda/Kia, but it’s never going to live up to the big boys in terms of luxury. Specifically, it’s got a lot of road/wind noise compared to more expensive luxury vehicles. I obviously haven’t heard your QX30, so I can’t comment whether the noise you hear is normal, or not. However, I can say, unequivocally, that the QX30 is not a “quiet” car. Have you test-driven other QX30s? Is the noise significantly different in yours?

What do you mean by “gas/engine” saver? Do you mean the engine auto stop/start? That automatically enables every time you start the vehicle. It’s working as designed. My suggestion is to just leave it on and you’ll get used to it. If it really bothers you, then you’ll need to continue disabling it each time you get in the car.

If a USB port isn’t working, then let the dealer fix it. Unless you’ve got a ton of miles on the vehicle, I would expect a MY18 vehicle to still be under warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The needle on yesterday after the trip in from the dealer's which is 1 1/2 hrs home was a little above the 3/4 notch

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
The picture you posted shows the needle slightly over the 1/2 mark (below the 3/4) mark. That is the normal position for the temperature gauge. If that's where it's sits then it's perfectly fine. Thats where the gauge reads for every QX30 I've seen.

Reactions: GrimGreg

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
130 Posts
The picture you posted shows the needle slightly over the 1/2 mark (below the 3/4) mark. That is the normal position for the temperature gauge. If that's where it's sits then it's perfectly fine. Thats where the gauge reads for every QX30 I've seen.
Same here. Our QX30 temperature guage looks the exact same.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for sharing..I'm feeling very uneasy about this gauge situation

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
130 Posts
Thank you so much for sharing..I'm feeling very uneasy about this gauge situation
The temperature guage will also move up and down. This is completely normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts