Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this black sport a month ago, for my wife and shortly after I installed 20mm wheel spacers to give it a more aggressive stance. (I would've just bought some custom wheels but she loves the 19s it came with) Today I ditched the goodyear 235/45s for some 255/40R19 Pirelli PZero run flats. They look great, and the handling and ride is phenomenal. She loves the car, and after the tire upgrade I was driving it and didn't want to stop. It feels way less of a fwd than it did before.

·
Registered
44 Posts
looks great and yes those wheels DO look awesome!!! your wife has excellent taste!!!!

can you advise what spacer? size, etc?

·
Registered
1 Posts
good job!!!
That looks great~
Next time I guess you would like to try to change wheel bolts! Girls like colorful things. Your wife must like this kind of wheel!
such like this~

And don't forget to go and check the right material for bolts! such as AL7075-T6 or AL6061-T6.

·
Super Moderator
572 Posts
I definitely wouldn't use aluminum wheel bolts on a vehicle with steel brake discs and hubs. Dissimilar metals shouldn't be mixed, willy-nilly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I definitely wouldn't use aluminum wheel bolts on a vehicle with steel brake discs and hubs. Dissimilar metals shouldn't be mixed, willy-nilly.
I agree, this is a bad idea. Even slightly over torquing the bolts could start to deform the aluminum threads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
really for sure agree with the bolts issue - that really makes me worried honestly. aluminum on metal? - thats a no go from me for sure. not even counting the dissimilar metal issue. good catch there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts