Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Super Moderator
363 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. A few members have replaced them with nice billet aluminum pieces. Search "Mercedes GLA door lock pins" or "Infiniti QX30 door lock pins" on eBay for some options.

Wow, that was quick. Thanks so much for responding.

Stupid question - do you just unscrew them? I didn't wanna apply too much force then end up breaking it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The stainless steel pins do add a very nice touch and are an affordable and simple upgrade for our cars. There are a few styles to choose from. I liked mine so much that I purchased some for my father's C63 AMG. I was shocked that it also came with cheap black plastic pins...but only the front screwed on / off. The rears were a little more involved!

I do wish our cars came with a sunglasses holder but not too many other interior complaints.

·
Registered
6 Posts
As a new owner ('17 Premium AWD) I was pleased that for around $70 I could purchase a push button start and new door lock pins. Those were two things that bothered me when I purchased it (not enough to kill the deal though).

There are a few quirks which I'm guessing come from the Mercedes roots of this car.

After driving it on a road trip I find the cruise control sucks. On my previous car the cruise was on the steering wheel and much easier to use. The stalk behind the wheel is annoying and I don't like that the car actively brakes if you hit resume when you're going faster.

The memory seats are strange too, you need to hold down the button while it moves. On my other cars you just tap the button and it completes the action.

Not being able to input an address while the car is moving is ridiculous. If there's a passenger, they should be able to do it. This came up during our road trip and we had to use our iPhone to add a stop on the way.

The shifter and park button.

I do miss having a sun glass holder but it's not a big deal.

No remote hatch pop.

That said, overall I'm happy with my purchase and would buy again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've just had my '17 QX30 Premium for a few days and just took it on a quick holiday weekend trip. Great driving experience overall but some quirky things I noticed that could have been better designed. A few strange issues with the interior functions in particular:
- Not having the doors automatically unlock when you put it in [email protected]
- Lack of a simple, small storage space for sunglasses, cell phone, etc? (USB input inside the tray below the AC controls takes up too much space).
- On audio radio/music info display...Station font size is OK, but artist/song title font is WAY too small to read for me.
- Wish volume controls on steering wheel for music/radio were on the left, not the right. I'm used to steering with my right hand w/ left hand free for audio controls.
- Strange that if you scroll thru preset radio stations on the steering wheel (left side control) it shows stations changes on the small info display between gauges but does not change the highlighted station displayed on the main 7" info display [email protected]#. Plays one station while different station is highlighted.
- Wish the cruise controls were on the steering wheel...you cannot even see them on the lower stalk below the wiper arm.
I realize that many of these issues came directly from the "borrowed" MB design and adapted by Infiniti. Most of these are not issues in other Infiniti models.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've just had my '17 QX30 Premium for a few days and just took it on a quick holiday weekend trip. Great driving experience overall but some quirky things I noticed that could have been better designed. A few strange issues with the interior functions in particular:
- Not having the doors automatically unlock when you put it in [email protected]
- Lack of a simple, small storage space for sunglasses, cell phone, etc? (USB input inside the tray below the AC controls takes up too much space).
- On audio radio/music info display...Station font size is OK, but artist/song title font is WAY too small to read for me.
- Wish volume controls on steering wheel for music/radio were on the left, not the right. I'm used to steering with my right hand w/ left hand free for audio controls.
- Strange that if you scroll thru preset radio stations on the steering wheel (left side control) it shows stations changes on the small info display between gauges but does not change the highlighted station displayed on the main 7" info display [email protected]#. Plays one station while different station is highlighted.
- Wish the cruise controls were on the steering wheel...you cannot even see them on the lower stalk below the wiper arm.
I realize that many of these issues came directly from the "borrowed" MB design and adapted by Infiniti. Most of these are not issues in other Infiniti models.
I've had a CLA for four years, so I'm used to the things you mentioned. There is a stalk behind the steering wheel on the right side for changing from forward to reverse, and neutral. I bet you'd love that! Some CLAs have sunglass holders, and some don't, for some reason. Mine does not. I change my preset radio stations with the numerous preset buttons under the display. This is my wife's Infiniti, our first, and so I have nothing to compare it to. Seems fine to me. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lock pins

Yes. A few members have replaced them with nice billet aluminum pieces. Search "Mercedes GLA door lock pins" or "Infiniti QX30 door lock pins" on eBay for some options.

So, any pin that says it will fit Mercedes GLA door lock pins will work on our Qx30s? I'm looking at this one specifically. Will it fit? It says it fits Mercedes GLA200. (2015)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-Real-Carbon-Fibre-Universal-Car-SUV-Auto-Interior-Door-Lock-Knob-Pull-Pins/282792379411?fits=Model:GLA200|Make:Mercedes-Benz&epid=18012320744&hash=item41d7bd4413:g:WeoAAOSwTmtaSasj:rk:52:pf:0

Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
My first post, I've had my QX30 for six months now, I have the AWD Premium version in Chestnut Bronze. I debated as to whether I should install Winter tires before Winter arrived or should I see how the AWD system performed combined with the Continental " Run Flats " all season tires.

Well so far so good, we've had some pretty heavy snowfalls here in central B.C. and the vehicle has performed better than expected. I'm pleased with our purchase, I'm a senior and this nice little crossover fills all our driving needs. I don't find the engine lacking in any manner as some have suggested, I find the performance from this vehicle to be everything I expected and more.

Without question, as in all things in life " you can't please everyone " those who post negative comments regarding the QX30 on places such as " You-Tube " are, for the most part individuals who don't own a QX30 or individuals who couldn't afford a QX30.

I have push button start / stop, could never figure out ( with the exceptions of the Lambos and Ferraris etc. ) why vehicles need ( or require for that matter ) push button start. It's fine no issues with that, I will say as far as visibility is concerned, from the drivers side of things this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The centre posts definitely is quite restrictive when changing lanes, rear view visibility is extremely poor. As far as the rear view issues, yes of course one can drop the rear seats but I removed the head restraints which made a big difference.

Maintenance, I'm off to the dealership tomorrow for my first service, there seems to be conflicting information as to when the QX30 should have the oil changed. I gone six months since new but I only have 5850 kilometres for mileage but an oil change and tire rotation and a couple of minor issues will be dealt with.

All in all I really like our nice little QX30, I enjoy listening to Pavarotti on the Bose 10 speaker stereo, the interior is very nice also. Nice job Infinity ,,,,, have a nice day everyone.
I agree with you great vehicle have had no problems 23.000 miles .

21 - 32 of 32 Posts