Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally we get a new interior design on the QX30, although there are hints of the past in here, much like what you'll see in the QX50. With the changed made in the QX30, do you think they did enough? Could they have done better? Or is this up to your expectations in the segment the QX30 sits in?

Let me know what you think in the comments section below.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I liked the new interior. It really isn't anything like the QX50. But not quite as techy as the Q50 either. I like it much better than the GLA interior (even with its nods to Merc like the key and the seat controls on the door). Infiniti did a nice job tucking the navi screen under a hood on the dash. Contrast that to the craptastic Merc version where it looks like someone glued an ipad mini to the dashboard.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall I have to say it looks a bit dated but to me that's a small downside compared to what else it has going on and judging the car entirely, it checks most boxes.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You don't mean "dated". You mean "proven".

Actually, the inside of the Q50 with the dual touch screens works pretty well. But so many full-touchscreen systems (Acura, Tesla) look cool but really aren't that great from a user-interface perspective. Plus they really make it a challenge to do something without taking your eyes off the road.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car makers just need to hurry up on working with brands like Apple and Android that have perfected this sort of interface, plus it goes a long way in streamlining the tech, which can help in getting people to buy products and overall be sold to through various ways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
#1 -Having to use a key to start the car (vs the button)!!!!
#2 - Parking "button"
#3 -Not offering "Gallery White" on the Premium AWD
#4 - The "Cafe Teak" I personally don't like brown interiors
#5 - The Graphite Leather Black interior with the "Gloss Black Lacquer" - It looks cheap to me, it lacks contrast, they should has stayed with a carbon fiber or aluminum dash.
#6 - The large white stitching of the steering wheel
#7 - No color changing LED ambient lighting options for the interior? I liked it when they had the purple lighting shown on the concept car! My husbands LINCOLN has this option & it's a VERY cool perk!
#8 - No "real" sunroof

·
Registered
4 Posts
1. No push button start
2. Door lock/unlock knobs. They are made of cheap quality plastic. Not user friendly.

·
Registered
98 Posts
#1 -Having to use a key to start the car (vs the button)!!!!
#2 - Parking "button"
#3 -Not offering "Gallery White" on the Premium AWD
#4 - The "Cafe Teak" I personally don't like brown interiors
#5 - The Graphite Leather Black interior with the "Gloss Black Lacquer" - It looks cheap to me, it lacks contrast, they should has stayed with a carbon fiber or aluminum dash.
#6 - The large white stitching of the steering wheel
#7 - No color changing LED ambient lighting options for the interior? I liked it when they had the purple lighting shown on the concept car! My husbands LINCOLN has this option & it's a VERY cool perk!
#8 - No "real" sunroof
1. No push button start
2. Door lock/unlock knobs. They are made of cheap quality plastic. Not user friendly.
There is push button start. Buy the $30 Mercedes part and pop it in, and it works flawlessly. My dealer installs it standard now with all QX30's.

·
Registered
90 Posts
There is push button start. Buy the $30 Mercedes part and pop it in, and it works flawlessly. My dealer installs it standard now with all QX30's.
You're going to need to explain that one a little bit further for me please.. if you don't mind. Which part are you speaking of and how hard is it to install ?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Look around for videos from people that have done this on other vehicles but if your not even slightly mechanically inclined and never done work on a vehicle, even with simple jobs like this, its probably best to not do it yourself and pay a shop to do it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not enough room on the inboard side of the gas pedal.
Even my smallish (women's size 8 [men's 6.5]) foot is scuffing against the tunnel wall. I'm tempted to put a patch of carpet over the plastic there just to keep from ruining my shoes.

No dead pedal.
(Which I know is addressed elsewhere on this forum, still ...)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Not enough room on the inboard side of the gas pedal.
Even my smallish (women's size 8 [men's 6.5]) foot is scuffing against the tunnel wall. I'm tempted to put a patch of carpet over the plastic there just to keep from ruining my shoes.
I wear 10.5 men's and yes, I hear your pain. We need more space there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gas door latch missing

How about an interior gas door open latch versus the electronic option, cause guess what electronics go bad like mine after 3 months with no ETA on a fix.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a feeling that down the road some owners might even disable the electric system entirely, no function, unscrew everything. Then use Velcro to prevent the gap door from swing around. Not the greatest option but better than dealing with problems.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have found that the door sills are a little high for my liking. Now that the sun is out, I want the window down and I can't really put my arm on it, even with the seat up higher than I normally like.

On another "nice weather is finally here" rant, I would much prefer a regular moon roof that opens up instead of the large panorama one that stays sealed. When it's sunny and I slide the cover back, it feels hotter, it's really bright inside and I can't see the screen very well with the roof allowing in so much light. Also, with previous cars, I could tilt open the roof and let hot air escape during the day when parked at work. Now, I have to crack the regular windows. Not a huge deal, but I rather like having the option of opening the roof.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My first post, I've had my QX30 for six months now, I have the AWD Premium version in Chestnut Bronze. I debated as to whether I should install Winter tires before Winter arrived or should I see how the AWD system performed combined with the Continental " Run Flats " all season tires.

Well so far so good, we've had some pretty heavy snowfalls here in central B.C. and the vehicle has performed better than expected. I'm pleased with our purchase, I'm a senior and this nice little crossover fills all our driving needs. I don't find the engine lacking in any manner as some have suggested, I find the performance from this vehicle to be everything I expected and more.

Without question, as in all things in life " you can't please everyone " those who post negative comments regarding the QX30 on places such as " You-Tube " are, for the most part individuals who don't own a QX30 or individuals who couldn't afford a QX30.

I have push button start / stop, could never figure out ( with the exceptions of the Lambos and Ferraris etc. ) why vehicles need ( or require for that matter ) push button start. It's fine no issues with that, I will say as far as visibility is concerned, from the drivers side of things this is by far the worst vehicle I have ever owned. The centre posts definitely is quite restrictive when changing lanes, rear view visibility is extremely poor. As far as the rear view issues, yes of course one can drop the rear seats but I removed the head restraints which made a big difference.

Maintenance, I'm off to the dealership tomorrow for my first service, there seems to be conflicting information as to when the QX30 should have the oil changed. I gone six months since new but I only have 5850 kilometres for mileage but an oil change and tire rotation and a couple of minor issues will be dealt with.

All in all I really like our nice little QX30, I enjoy listening to Pavarotti on the Bose 10 speaker stereo, the interior is very nice also. Nice job Infinity ,,,,, have a nice day everyone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love everything about it. But they could have lined the door pockets with felt to keep them a bit more quiet. That’s about my only gripe. It’s beautiful

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
...there seems to be conflicting information as to when the QX30 should have the oil changed. I gone six months since new but I only have 5850 kilometres for mileage but an oil change and tire rotation and a couple of minor issues will be dealt with.
Where do you see conflicting information? The manual is quite specific.

The first oil change isn't due until 10k miles (16,000 km) or 12 months, whichever comes first.

At 5k miles (8,000 km) you only require a tire rotation.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wish the sport package that came with the suede seats also came with the suede headliner. Otherwise it’s the most comfortable car I’ve driven and it’s beautiful. I love the suede on the dash and door panels

1 - 20 of 32 Posts