Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Hi. Curious to know if the Dynamat has held up over time and still keeping the engine quiet?
Yep. Just had the hood open 2 days ago and it all still looks new.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I did the first oil change and second tire rotation for my QX30. Thread with pictures here: HOW-TO: Engine Oil Change & Tire Rotation

I also installed a Dynamat Hoodliner. I was disappointed that Infiniti didn't include a liner from the factory, so I was eager to add this. It helps quiet down the noise that is common with Direct Injection, and I hope it will also help protect the paint from damage due to heat (especially with the turbocharger).

Before:

After:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Today I did the first oil change and second tire rotation for my QX30. Thread with pictures here: HOW-TO: Engine Oil Change & Tire Rotation

I also installed a Dynamat Hoodliner. I was disappointed that Infiniti didn't include a liner from the factory, so I was eager to add this. It helps quiet down the noise that is common with Direct Injection, and I hope it will also help protect the paint from damage due to heat (especially with the turbocharger).

Before:

After:

what did you use as a template? And did you install anything before installing the hoodliner?

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
what did you use as a template? And did you install anything before installing the hoodliner?
No template. I unrolled the hood liner and held it up to the hood then used a pair of scissors to trim around the edges. The Hoodliner comes in a roughly-hood-sized rectangle, so it’s just a matter of trimming it to fit your specific hood.

Just clean the underside of the hood really well to ensure the hood liner will stick well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No template. I unrolled the hood liner and held it up to the hood then used a pair of scissors to trim around the edges. The Hoodliner comes in a roughly-hood-sized rectangle, so it’s just a matter of trimming it to fit your specific hood.

Just clean the underside of the hood really well to ensure the hood liner will stick well.
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Changed the headlights to the Auxito ones referenced above. Love the look. Now I just want to find some LED replacements for the turn signals.
Hi. Did you ever find led lights for the turn signal lights? Still happy with the Auxito bulbs for your headlights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can't believe there haven't been any posts in here for 7 months! So I'll keep this going!
I spent 4 hours washing and detailing my QX30S today and got around to installing my white LED interior lights finally!
So far I have installed 6k LED headlights, white LED interior lights, tinted 35% and have a few other things lined up soon!
I can't wait to do some more upgrades! :D
Hi. What did you use for the interior lights? Having trouble finding them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I love these threads. I have purchased a few little things to make it a bit more unique and 'mine'... Besides the push button starter (first thing I did), I got a real carbon fiber button cover for it (red) and it looks real nice.
Just ordered some infiniti branded door striker plate covers so they don't look so cheap.
LED headlights should be here today. Ordered the 9012s based on the input in this forum... there are SO many LED headlights out there to choose from and that includes a huge majority that are the same item with different branding or packaging. I have purchased HIDs (EX35) and two sets of LEDs (Lexus and Honda). I got F-16 and FS-6 Auxbeam for those and they worked and were pretty decent... Went with Auxito for these based on very positive experiences with their T10 LEDs. These were more than affordable and if I think they are lacking, I will go for Hikari next... I will let you know.
Hi. Are you still happy with the Auxito headlights?

·
Registered
11 Posts
W
Auxito 9012 LED headlights work great! USA Bridgelux COB chips. High and low beam in one bulb. Nice and white and bright. $28 shipped for these compared to $70 for the Hikari. ?
hi. Did you have any trouble installing these? What about the fan and long cable? How did you deal with those?

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
@PekingDuck YES - I am still very happy with them. Also just bought my wife a GLA250 and will be looking for Auxito's to hopefully fit that too. I was able to fit everything inside the housing, if I remember correctly. Take off the front tires for access to the light panel in the wheel liner.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts