Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Bought some carbon fiber paddle shifter extensions for me and for my pops (C63 amg). Looking forward to those because I do like to drive in M.
Seriously considering a muffler delete as an alternative to a $1000+ exhaust upgrade. It is just too **** quiet.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Installed the GFB DV+ upgrade along with the Dinan Piggyback ECU chip. Definite improvement in performance, especially off the line up to about 3000 RPM. Much less turbo lag. Worth every penny.

Also got some of the OEM all weather mats. I like them a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just bought my first INFINITI, a 2017 QX 30 S. It doesn’t have the same “go cart” feel my Lancer Evo had, but I think it has a lot of potential. Y’all have given me some great places to start for performance. So far, just tinted windows and C6 Ceramic Coating for the paint. Also thinking about having the exterior brightwork wrapped as carbon fiber.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
Oh gosh those paddle shifter extensions are abominable.

·
Registered
184 Posts
To each his own. They don’t look wonderful in the photographs but they look more than awesome in person.
I couldn’t find the **** you emoji... ****

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just bought my first INFINITI, a 2017 QX 30 S. It doesn’t have the same “go cart” feel my Lancer Evo had, but I think it has a lot of potential. Y’all have given me some great places to start for performance. So far, just tinted windows and C6 Ceramic Coating for the paint. Also thinking about having the exterior brightwork wrapped as carbon fiber.
That's a beauty! My wife got her 2017 a month ago. Great car. I have a 14 CLA, so it feels like home driving it. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
now a question - what is the impact to factory warranty for this chip / turbo valve?
If any damage occurs and Infiniti thinks the chip is involved then the warranty coverage doesn't apply. If something un-related occurs, then warranty still applies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Estimate?

Got a Moshimoto magnetic drain plug to install. I’m not sure why this isn’t standard. When I do the differential on my other infiniti, the magnetic plug always has a ton of metal dust so I thought this would be a good cheap idea that wouldn’t hurt.
I also took it to the dealer yesterday for them to replace the foil around the gearshifter. Mine was all wrinkled and bubbling and another one that I test drove was similar. It sure looks better now!
My foil is starting to do this as well. Do you mind letting me know around how much that was? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I swapped out my aluminum mirror caps with glossy black mirror caps that I ordered directly from an Infiniti dealer.
Soon, I will have the remaining aluminum colored parts wrapped with gloss black vinyl....I never really cared for the odd mix of chrome and aluminum bits.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, my wife and I have both observed a remarkable improvement after installing the Dynamat Hoodliner. The vehicle is much quieter -- especially inside the cabin. I previously though the QX30 did a poor job at isolating noise within the cabin, but the Hoodliner has contributed to make the cabin sound more like a "luxury" vehicle.

I originally wanted to fit a CLA/GLA hoodliner, and put forth considerable effort researching that option. Although similar, the QX30 hood does NOT have the same mounting holes as the CLA/GLA hoods. Some users have fit the liner with the limited number of holes, available, but I was not confident those would be sufficient, long term. Ultimately, I was unable to find enough information to make me confident in ordering those parts, and I did not want to waste my money and have to order the Dynamat, anyway.

The Dynamat Hoodliner has the advantage of being adhesive-backed, and mitigated my concern over mounting holes. The Dynamat offering is also considerably thicker, and is foil-faced. I liked that the Dynamat was advertised at both reducing noise and heat. I think the Dynomat is likely doing a better job controlling noise and heat than the CLA/GLA parts would have.
Hi. Curious to know if the Dynamat has held up over time and still keeping the engine quiet?

61 - 80 of 93 Posts