Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

Registered
picked up the nice stainless steel door-lock pins. An affordable classy upgrade that sure looks nice with the brushed aluminum trim.
Where did you buy the pins? Did they just screw off/on?

Registered
I picked them up on eBay and yes they just screw right on. Very easy. I used pliers and a rag to gently turn the original super thin plastic ones off until I could turn them by hand.
I just searched stainless steel door pins for GLA250 and there were several to choose from. They do look very nice and it took less than 10 minutes.

Registered
I picked them up on eBay and yes they just screw right on. Very easy. I used pliers and a rag to gently turn the original super thin plastic ones off until I could turn them by hand.
I just searched stainless steel door pins for GLA250 and there were several to choose from. They do look very nice and it took less than 10 minutes.

Any chance you could tell us exactly which ones you got? I think this is a great upgrade. I didn't notice those cheesy plastic ones until I already bought the car.

Registered
Today I took the headrests off of the rear seats to increase visibility through the back window. With as small as that window is, every little bit helps. I just put the headrests in the trunk under the cargo net. No one will be riding in my rear seats anytime soon. If someone does, they are easy enough to put back in.

Registered
Today I did the first oil change and second tire rotation for my QX30. Thread with pictures here: http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/engine-technical-discussion/25815-how-engine-oil-change-tire-rotation.html

I also installed a Dynamat Hoodliner. I was disappointed that Infiniti didn't include a liner from the factory, so I was eager to add this. It helps quiet down the noise that is common with Direct Injection, and I hope it will also help protect the paint from damage due to heat (especially with the turbocharger).

Before:

After:

Registered
What about the front turn signals? Is there a recommended LED replacement for these bulbs? Wish I would have gone for the LED package...

Registered
Added the little red ring around the push button starter (waiting on the CF button cover) and the stainless lock pins. The stock ones are very cheap looking. Actually surprised that they would choose something that bad. It鈥檚 a small thing, but the details count on something considered at least entry level luxury.

Attachments

Registered
Added the little red ring around the push button starter (waiting on the CF button cover) and the stainless lock pins. The stock ones are very cheap looking. Actually surprised that they would choose something that bad. It鈥檚 a small thing, but the details count on something considered at least entry level luxury.

Where did you buy your door lock pins and how much were they?

Registered

Where did you buy your door lock pins and how much were they?
On eBay. They were $30

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/201664954215

Registered
Have you noticed any discernible difference with the hoodliner? Any reason you chose the dynamat hoodliner instead of just fitting one from a CLA/GLA?

Today I did the first oil change and second tire rotation for my QX30. Thread with pictures here: https://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/engine-technical-discussion/25815-how-engine-oil-change-tire-rotation.html

I also installed a Dynamat Hoodliner. I was disappointed that Infiniti didn't include a liner from the factory, so I was eager to add this. It helps quiet down the noise that is common with Direct Injection, and I hope it will also help protect the paint from damage due to heat (especially with the turbocharger).

Before:

After:

Registered
Have you noticed any discernible difference with the hoodliner? Any reason you chose the dynamat hoodliner instead of just fitting one from a CLA/GLA?
Yes, my wife and I have both observed a remarkable improvement after installing the Dynamat Hoodliner. The vehicle is much quieter -- especially inside the cabin. I previously though the QX30 did a poor job at isolating noise within the cabin, but the Hoodliner has contributed to make the cabin sound more like a "luxury" vehicle.

I originally wanted to fit a CLA/GLA hoodliner, and put forth considerable effort researching that option. Although similar, the QX30 hood does NOT have the same mounting holes as the CLA/GLA hoods. Some users have fit the liner with the limited number of holes, available, but I was not confident those would be sufficient, long term. Ultimately, I was unable to find enough information to make me confident in ordering those parts, and I did not want to waste my money and have to order the Dynamat, anyway.

The Dynamat Hoodliner has the advantage of being adhesive-backed, and mitigated my concern over mounting holes. The Dynamat offering is also considerably thicker, and is foil-faced. I liked that the Dynamat was advertised at both reducing noise and heat. I think the Dynomat is likely doing a better job controlling noise and heat than the CLA/GLA parts would have.

Registered
Thanks for the info! Just because the GLA doesn't come with one, it seems like Infiniti didn't want to bother either, even though every other Infiniti has one. Darn bean counters!

41 - 60 of 84 Posts