Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't believe there haven't been any posts in here for 7 months! So I'll keep this going!
I spent 4 hours washing and detailing my QX30S today and got around to installing my white LED interior lights finally!
So far I have installed 6k LED headlights, white LED interior lights, tinted 35% and have a few other things lined up soon!
I can't wait to do some more upgrades! :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
SabrinaBoost, do you have any pics of stock vs led headlights, from the perspective of the driver?

I'm looking to upgrade the light output in the QX30. The stock lights are terrible. My Acura MDX is a joy to drive, at night, and when I drive the QX30 it's so bad, by comparison, that it feels unsafe!

·
Registered
10 Posts
SabrinaBoost, do you have any pics of stock vs led headlights, from the perspective of the driver?

I'm looking to upgrade the light output in the QX30. The stock lights are terrible. My Acura MDX is a joy to drive, at night, and when I drive the QX30 it's so bad, by comparison, that it feels unsafe!
I don't, I'm sorry! I forgot to take some pictures inside of before and after, I only have some outside of the vehicle!
These LED's aren't much brighter than factory, they are just whiter to match the fog lights. If you are trying to make them much brighter I would go with a good brand of HID'S and do a 6K HID conversion on your QX30, this might help you!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
I can't believe there haven't been any posts in here for 7 months! So I'll keep this going!
I spent 4 hours washing and detailing my QX30S today and got around to installing my white LED interior lights finally!
So far I have installed 6k LED headlights, white LED interior lights, tinted 35% and have a few other things lined up soon!
I can't wait to do some more upgrades! :D
Which lights did you change for the interior? Only the ones for the visors and in the center of the car?

I am trying to change these lights, but I don't know how to. Hope you can help.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got my 10K mile Service A done at the Infiniti dealership. Car has a clean bill of health and got a car wash, so I'm happy. Even though the closest dealership was 70 miles away, it was a very positive experience. The best thing is knowing that the next service isn't due until a year from now!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love these threads. I have purchased a few little things to make it a bit more unique and 'mine'... Besides the push button starter (first thing I did), I got a real carbon fiber button cover for it (red) and it looks real nice.
Just ordered some infiniti branded door striker plate covers so they don't look so cheap.
LED headlights should be here today. Ordered the 9012s based on the input in this forum... there are SO many LED headlights out there to choose from and that includes a huge majority that are the same item with different branding or packaging. I have purchased HIDs (EX35) and two sets of LEDs (Lexus and Honda). I got F-16 and FS-6 Auxbeam for those and they worked and were pretty decent... Went with Auxito for these based on very positive experiences with their T10 LEDs. These were more than affordable and if I think they are lacking, I will go for Hikari next... I will let you know.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Auxito 9012 LED headlights work great! USA Bridgelux COB chips. High and low beam in one bulb. Nice and white and bright. $28 shipped for these compared to $70 for the Hikari. ?

·
Registered
351 Posts
They claim USA parts, but have spelling errors on their packaging? I'm guessing they're really Chinese. They get a "B" grade on FakeSpot so I guess they're not terrible... But between the price and description I do believe they're lying about some parts/specs.

·
Registered
181 Posts
regarding Auxito and other Chinese companies marketing to USA customers.... I do laugh at the spelling and grammar errors. I tried Auxbeam because their T10 wedge LEDs are awesome. I have tried a dozen different T10 LED's for dome and map lights, license plate lights and running/parking lights next to the headlight (like in the EX35) and they all fail quickly or eventually..blinking, dying, deteriorating and weird inconsistent colors...but the Auxito T10s are bright and white and consistent. By far the best ones I have tried so for $28 to upgrade the horribly dull Philips halogens, I figured it was worth the roll of the dice...and I am not disappointed at all (quite pleased!) They work and look great. Form and Function without taking it in the backside on the price.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am a bit OCD when it comes to little rattles in my car (among other things!)... so in addition to the LED headlight upgrade on Saturday, yesterday I purchased some self-adhesive felt 'blankets' to trim and line the inner side of the door pockets and center console. Makes a huge difference!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Got a Moshimoto magnetic drain plug to install. I’m not sure why this isn’t standard. When I do the differential on my other infiniti, the magnetic plug always has a ton of metal dust so I thought this would be a good cheap idea that wouldn’t hurt.
I also took it to the dealer yesterday for them to replace the foil around the gearshifter. Mine was all wrinkled and bubbling and another one that I test drove was similar. It sure looks better now!

·
Registered
181 Posts
OK - don't get the Moshimoto magnetic drain plug. The head is far to big to fit in the recessed area of the drain plug. Too bad because it seemed to be well made with a nice crush washer that also included a rubber o-ring portion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I live in a Atlanta. Where did you take it? What was the cost?
It worked out great! To see some picks, scroll down here:
http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/exterior-interior/23817-roof-rack-cross-bars-2.html

Yeah, I wouldn't tow anything on this. I want to say tow limit is 900 lbs, which isn't that much.

I'm simply using it for a bike rack.

I took it to a hitch installation shop near me (in Atlanta, GA)--if you're in town... Trailer Hitches - Curt Trailer Hitch, Reese Trailer Hitch, DrawTite Trailer Hitch. They inspected the car on Saturday, saw that the Mercedes GLA aftermarket hitch was a perfect fit, and Monday I went in and had it installed. 4 hours later, I had a hitch.

It is overkill as a class III hitch, but it fits perfect and doesn't drop down too low (I have the AWD version with a raised base, though).

Here it is with the box on the top and the bike rack on the back before my trip this evening:

This is a great road trip car!

PS--The hitch is Curt hitch. Funny thing is, Curt asked me to let them know if this cross fit worked. So, basically, I was their beta tester. I told them it did, and they should send me free stuff for doing so /forum/images/InfinitiQX30_org/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

·
Registered
62 Posts
MSW wheels, roof rack, rear bike rack. My work requires the ability to transport 6 mountain bikes at a time.
Hello Bob.. a quick question if you don't mind, what roof rack are you using? that one seems well put together; closer pics would be great it possible.
Thanks

21 - 40 of 84 Posts