Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share what you did today with the Infiniti QX30 community!

Example: Pick up the QX30 at the dealer today!

Example: Finally got my window tints done, now I can't open my windows for a week

Example: Roof rack came in the mail. Thinking of installing it tomorrow.

Anything goes!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I finally got around to programming the HomeLink garage door opener. For some reason, the instruction in both the owner's manual and the YouTube video were incorrect. I had to hold down the button for about twenty seconds until the light blinked orange. Then I pressed my garage down opener until the light blinked green. Next, I pressed the learn button on the garage door opener. Finally, I held down the HomeLink button until I saw my garage door blink.

My dash cam for this car was also delivered today. Maybe I will install it during the weekend.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I finally got around to programming the HomeLink garage door opener. For some reason, the instruction in both the owner's manual and the YouTube video were incorrect. I had to hold down the button for about twenty seconds until the light blinked orange. Then I pressed my garage down opener until the light blinked green. Next, I pressed the learn button on the garage door opener. Finally, I held down the HomeLink button until I saw my garage door blink.

My dash cam for this car was also delivered today. Maybe I will install it during the weekend.
Which dashcam did you buy?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Which dashcam did you buy?
After doing some research, I decided to go with the FalconZero F170HD+, which I purchased on Amazon for $98.

My preference was for a dash cam that provided a long USB cable, not an integrated cable that plugs into the 12V power outlet. My goal is to plug it into one of the two USB ports. Again, a lot of other units in similar price ranges have a cord that requires a 12V power outlet. It helped that this particular dash cam has nearly 600 reviews, comes with a 32GB microSD card, and has cable management clips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jealous! I just bought mine last Saturday and am going this Saturday to pick up my car because I wanted the Malbec Black color.

·
Registered
98 Posts
After doing some research, I decided to go with the FalconZero F170HD+, which I purchased on Amazon for $98.

My preference was for a dash cam that provided a long USB cable, not an integrated cable that plugs into the 12V power outlet. My goal is to plug it into one of the two USB ports. Again, a lot of other units in similar price ranges have a cord that requires a 12V power outlet. It helped that this particular dash cam has nearly 600 reviews, comes with a 32GB microSD card, and has cable management clips.
Cool, I have the Viofo A119s. I have it mounted just to the left of the rear view mirror, and I ran the cable under the headliner, down the passenger a-pillar, under the glove box, and then plug it into one of the usb slots. Very clean, and works great!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I finally got around to installing my dash cam. I thought I was going to route the wire to plug into one of the USB ports in the front storage area, but then I figured it might look "cleaner" to route it to the rear 12V power outlet. That way, the front storage area door can remain closed. Out of sight, out of mind. Perhaps I should start a separate thread for dash cams, but my QX30 has a massive covered piece (for the camera and light sensor) behind the rear view mirror. This forced me to rethink the way I mounted the camera so it wouldn't block my view. I was thinking of returning the camera for one of those lipstick style cameras without a screen, but I was able to find a suitable angle that worked.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How did you get it to the 12volt in the center console?
Not in the center console, but the outlet on the rear of center console (see attachment). I routed it so that it was tucked under the transmission tunnel covering and then out to plug into the outlet. I don't think the cable that came with the camera was unusually long--it's just that these cars are really small. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
I thought the final break-in schedule was for the first 1,000 miles, but it turns out that it's actually for the first 1,200 miles. Oh well. Another two weeks of reserved driving. I guess in terms of what I did to my Infiniti QX30...I saw its last moments with triple digits on the odometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hitch Day

Well, posted this in another thread, but currently having a hitch receiver installed on my QX30. Trying not to freak out that I'm letting someone drop the bumper down to install a hitch on a 3 month old car. Am I crazy!!??

·
Registered
13 Posts
hitch

How did it work out? Can you post a pic...I am curious to see how low it hangs down. Did you buy it on-line and have it installed or was it a specialty shop? Thanks...I am seriously considering this to tow my jetski.

Well, posted this in another thread, but currently having a hitch receiver installed on my QX30. Trying not to freak out that I'm letting someone drop the bumper down to install a hitch on a 3 month old car. Am I crazy!!??

·
Registered
13 Posts
towing

I would never tow anything crazy big...just my single jet ski trailer 4-5 miles to the bay. I may not put a hitch on, but just wondering how it looks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It worked out great! To see some picks, scroll down here:
http://www.infinitiqx30.org/forum/exterior-interior/23817-roof-rack-cross-bars-2.html

Yeah, I wouldn't tow anything on this. I want to say tow limit is 900 lbs, which isn't that much.

I'm simply using it for a bike rack.

I took it to a hitch installation shop near me (in Atlanta, GA)--if you're in town... Trailer Hitches - Curt Trailer Hitch, Reese Trailer Hitch, DrawTite Trailer Hitch. They inspected the car on Saturday, saw that the Mercedes GLA aftermarket hitch was a perfect fit, and Monday I went in and had it installed. 4 hours later, I had a hitch.

It is overkill as a class III hitch, but it fits perfect and doesn't drop down too low (I have the AWD version with a raised base, though).

Here it is with the box on the top and the bike rack on the back before my trip this evening:

This is a great road trip car!

PS--The hitch is Curt hitch. Funny thing is, Curt asked me to let them know if this cross fit worked. So, basically, I was their beta tester. I told them it did, and they should send me free stuff for doing so :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I finally got my car back from dealer after turret installed the remote starter. Note, apparently it was very expensive because of the amount of work required to get to where it gets installed. They had it for five days and said mine was the first and last time they offer to install have a remote starter in a qx30 (out of that dealership) fortunately they brought my car to me and picked up the loaner so I didn't have to drive all the way to Hartford to get it myself (that is the only dealership within reasonable driving range) it was worth the wait. I told them if they put them in at the factory they wouldn't have to send them our to have them installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I finally got my car back from dealer after turret installed the remote starter. Note, apparently it was very expensive because of the amount of work required to get to where it gets installed. They had it for five days and said mine was the first and last time they offer to install have a remote starter in a qx30 (out of that dealership) fortunately they brought my car to me and picked up the loaner so I didn't have to drive all the way to Hartford to get it myself (that is the only dealership within reasonable driving range) it was worth the wait. I told them if they put them in at the factory they wouldn't have to send them our to have them installed.

I asked this in the other thread as well, but can you elaborate? I really want to install one, but nowhere seems to be able to figure this out. What did they do? Cost?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Viper Smart Start

I checked with Viper, I am interested in their smart start system, and they said nothing available for the QX30 yet, but keep checking...hopefully in a few months it will be available. I definitely want it for the fall/winter.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts