Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here. Just picked up a used (2018 model) QX30 a two days back. It comes with the LED lighting package. And I noticed that on the front low beams, there’s a weird halo or fogging happening at the area where the light beam meets the glass of the headlight housing. Pics attached because I really don’t know how to explain it. The previous owner says they’ve never noticed it and can’t say if it’s been that way since the time they got it. It’d only seen when the headlight is on. I’ve not noticed this kind of glass imprints on other cars with LED lighting. Is it normal for this car?
44D43B90-4D87-4DCD-AFD0-1EE8C2BE3868.png
5A38B735-1F1E-4901-9C19-9C3733619231.png
847694CF-25C6-4828-9289-5FC6BAA7251D.jpeg

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
89 Posts
As long as the lights are working perfectly fine, I wouldn't be worried. You might want to clean your headlights, and then use a UV Resistant clearcoat to keep them clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all, new here. Just picked up a used (2018 model) QX30 a two days back. It comes with the LED lighting package. And I noticed that on the front low beams, there’s a weird halo or fogging happening at the area where the light beam meets the glass of the headlight housing. Pics attached because I really don’t know how to explain it. The previous owner says they’ve never noticed it and can’t say if it’s been that way since the time they got it. It’d only seen when the headlight is on. I’ve not noticed this kind of glass imprints on other cars with LED lighting. Is it normal for this car? View attachment 2470 View attachment 2471 View attachment 2472
As long as the lights are working perfectly fine, I wouldn't be worried. You might want to clean your headlights, and then use a UV Resistant clearcoat to keep them clean.
Obviously is not normal. It’s time for you to replace the headlight assembly. You can try different clean solutions but it will only work if the damage is outside surfaces. If it is from inside you have to replace it .

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
89 Posts
Obviously is not normal. It’s time for you to replace the headlight assembly. You can try different clean solutions but it will only work if the damage is outside surfaces. If it is from inside you have to replace it .
If the headlight assemblies are broken and not projecting the light beam correctly then it could be a lot of things, but if the light is projecting perfectly fine then there should be no issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the headlight assemblies are broken and not projecting the light beam correctly then it could be a lot of things, but if the light is projecting perfectly fine then there should be no issues.
Over time it’s gonna get worse. And the visibility will be reduced at night, you will feel like you need to use the high been. Don’t take any risk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts