Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

New 2017 QX30 owner.

One thing that I've had an issue with is the key fob not communicating well with the car. There are multiple times where I'm standing outside the vehicle, press lock on the handle, and nothing happens.

Alternatively, it also occurs sometimes when I'm trying to unlock the door to get in, and the car doesn't respond.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmmm, maybe the fob's battery is low for some reason. I don't think anyone on the forum has mentioned this problem yet, but it has happened to me with my older cars when the fob battery was dying. Doesn't hurt to ask your dealership about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a brand new 2018 QX30 and I'm having the same problem using the key fob to lock and unlock my car. Sometimes it works other times it doesn't.
I was having a problem with remote start not working, I had to remove the button and put the key in. It spent a few days at the dealers and they said they checked it, changed the battery and it worked fine. I picked it up today and now I'm having the lock/unlock problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the same issue with my older car and the problem was in the battery. I had to push buttons really hard to lock/unlock my car. Try to remove your battery and clean with 91% rubbing alcohol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If all else fails, maybe the dealership can provide you with a new key under warranty? This should fall under factory defect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts