Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am from Hong Kong and bought a brand new QX30 AWD just 3 weeks ago. I am so pleased with the car but not until 2 days ago, it was raining very heavy in the afternoon (typical tropical weather) and I parked my car outdoor for around 15 mins. for a quick shopping. After that when I started and accelerated the car there was water, about half a wine glass of water, pouring out from the passenger side under the glove box and then water slowly running down from the size wall and wet all the front carpet. I immediately drove back to the Infiniti dealer and showed them the situation while it was still wet! They took the car into their workshop to do a water test and for not long the service consultant said they confirmed the leakage and was quite bed but did not know why, how, where and the root cause!!! They have to dismount some parts to find the problem so for the mean time they offered me a Q50 for daily use. Anyone had such experience?
FYI, I also have the sunroof cross bar rattle sound issue, there is a screw nut in the middle of the rail , both side (you have to put your hand inside the rail and find/feel it). Just tighten it or both the sound has gone, putting hard foam between the bar and sunroof won't last long and will coming back very soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Really unforgivable build quality to have water leak.

Well, this is what I expect of the company that makes Nissan Jukes/Infiniti QX30s on the same production line.

As for the rattle, it took 5 visits to my dealer before they finally removed the headliner to fasten the loose track properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Root cause found and reported to be the wind screen sealing at the top left hand corner (the passenger side). They said the wind screen was taken out and resealed. Will pick up the car tomorrow and hope it is now all "water proved"!!!!!

What a QC issue from their UK factory!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts