Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello guys....newbie here, I am looking into amazon.com (I'm in Canada) and it appears to be only one vendor is that where you guys got it from? I called Mercedes dealer (local) and they need the VIN # to make sure key works I wanted it ASAP; but I guess I will order from amazon com
Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
@Parthur Here is a link to the one I purchased on Amazon: http://a.co/eDUP5Ey The part number listed on there says it's A2215450714. If you want to order directly from Mercedes, call them and give them that number, they should be able to look it up that way (they don't have to have your VIN). Now that the 17.5/18's have the push button start, I wonder if you could call Infiniti and get it directly from them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello Guys..... have you had a problem with the push button draining the battery? well not sure though it is battery problem really or due to push button but last Thursday pm my car did not want to start (sounded like dead battery) then a few tries later, it started but a message: 4WD currently unavailable and could not switch gears like the gear display did not lit and moving the shifter did nothing...... the screen display keep going into different settings and turning on/off...... check engine light came up, emergency break was operating but light won't turn on after a few minutes and when the tow was on its way, I was able to change gears and the car moved, actually drove it for a few km needed to pick up stuff, came home park it and left it there until this am ( was travelling till yesterday) then this am same thing but I could not wait to see if being on for a few minutes solved the problem........
Need to take it to the dealer and see what's going on but a question I have is..... if I am not able to move the shifter and place it on neutral N to push the car; how is the tow able to put it on the flatbed?? as far as I noticed the car is in Park and does not let me shift to N?
Inputs?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Holy, crud, this happened to you too?? I'm not sure what happened to my car, but last weekend I went to start it in the morning and it was dead as a doorknob. Same 4WD message and all. I had to jump it, and even then, it took about 30 minutes to finally start. After that, no issues. Drove the car enough that the alternator charged up the battery. But very bizarre. And I was in a hurry and almost late, so super inconvenient. Plus, after I jumped it, my check engine light stayed on (non blinking) for a drive cycle. I'll be bringing it up at next service with dealership.

I should also add: jumping this car is weird but easy. I'm not exactly sure where the battery is at all, but it has a positive connector on top of the fuse box that you slide the plastic away to expose the terminal. But as far as I can tell, that's not the battery. It worked, so... I guess it was the right place.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Smittylit, once it turned on were you able to switch gears right away or you had to leave it charging for a while until you were able to??
I know it is bizarre, wondering how do you tow the car if it gets stuck in P and not able to change to N..........

·
Registered
123 Posts
I haven't heard of this. I also don't see how the push button would drain the battery. It's pretty obvious when the aux power is on. I assume you haven't noticed anything else weird (like the lights staying on or something)? If you want to be sure that it's not the push button, take it out and run a week without it. I've had mine installed for over 13k miles and I've had no issues.

If the battery was drained that far (30 minutes to get it to jump...) perhaps the car had to go through a boot sequence of sorts and that's why it did all of those other things. I'd look at the manual for replacing the battery to see if it mentions that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well just confirmed, went home car turned on with some difficulty, left it on for 20 minutes and now I can shift gears and move it. So it is a battery problem; Not sure if it is the push button, the only difference I notice is that with the key once I turn it off, GPS shuts off right away, with the buton it does not shuts off right away but it takes a little longer.....have you guys notice this?
Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Interesting. I found neither of the batteries. If we were getting the warning that 4WD was not available, would that mean the automatic transmission aux battery was dead?

This doesn't have anything to do with the push button start, though. It's just a piece of plastic that fits over the key hole. I had to pop mine off and start it with the "key."

Also, yeah, as soon as the car started, things were fine. Popped it in gear and drove it normally. Turned it off and on a few times and it held the charge.

My only thought is this. I noticed you can push the button with the car off and, say, have the radio running or the lights running. And you can walk away and the car will keep the radio and/or lights on. Push the lock button on the key, it doesn't do anything. Maybe I accidentally left it in that "pre start" mode and didn't realize. The lights do stay on momentarily no matter what; I could have assumed they were going to turn off, and they didn't and killed the battery.

·
Registered
62 Posts
As I said before I am not sure and probably it has nothing to do with the push button, I ended up going to the dealer after leaving the car "charging" for about 15 min and just then I was able to switch gears and drive it.
Check engine light was on (not blinking) so at the dealer they were able to read all the codes..... had like 20 of them different stuff from 4WD not working, emergency break not engaging..... long list all of them cause by LOW VOLTAGE Battery; as I said I am not sure if I left something on and stepped out the car..... but battery drained and was sending low voltage, the did battery testing and ensure it is ok now as the batt, is new but if I run into more problems then they will replace it.

Then guys keep in mind that when your battery is not working properly you might be able to turn on the car but have to leave it "charging" until it allows you to switch gears and move.

Now I am not sure if you guys have noticed that when you used the key and turn it off, everything shuts off, but with the button the screen stays on (GPS) and takes a little longer to turn off..... it is just me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is great info and first thing I looked up. Thanks all for the feedback and guidance throughout; bought a 17 qx30 yesterday for my wife and there are a few things I want to upgrade this being the first. Ordered part and will see when it comes in.

Love this vehicle so far, got a heck of a deal on a awd so had to nab it immediately, but it is base so look for follow on posts about upgrading things like NAV... Or eVen the vehicle completely ��

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the Mercedes part and it works but I get a warning that my key fob battery is low when starting the car. Not a huge deal but a nuisance nonetheless.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Great info here...going to purchase a push button for my '17 from Amazon today!
Just wondering...do the later '17 and '18 models that came with the PBS from the factory experience the same delay in shutting down the Info screen that others have reported with an owner-installed button? Does this delay happen with all push button starts?
Also, once you install the push button, do you still get the "Don't forget your key!" reminder when you shut the engine off?

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Also, once you install the push button, do you still get the "Don't forget your key!" reminder when you shut the engine off?
Yes, my '18 still displays that message.

Reactions: pavy

·
Registered
31 Posts
My new MB push button arrived last night. L I rushed out, popped it in the key slot, pushed, the engine started right up...Great! Same start this morning and off to work.
After being parked in a garage all day, I got in my ‘17 QX30, push-started the engine and up comes a “Replace Key Battery” alert. Hmmm...coincidence or related?
Others on this forum have reported this...GLA owners on the MB forum also. It seems the push start button somehow causes the unengaged smart key to constantly communicate which drains the battery power faster.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts