Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
I received mine in the mail today from MB and it works like a charm. I can't believe it's this simple, nor that Infiniti left it out. The comments we're hearing from Infiniti are laughable. It seems like they keep making stuff up to keep people from getting these.

I'll watch mine closely, but for now I no longer have to have the lovely Mrs. Jcbama85 tell me her Acura RDX has push button start and doesn't have to use a key like my QX30.
I've had mine installed since September, and have literally had zero issues at all. 5,500 miles so far.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've had mine installed since September, and have literally had zero issues at all. 5,500 miles so far.
Does it work similar to other push button start systems?

In other words,

- with your foot off the brake, press once for ACC,
- with your foot off the brake, press twice for ON, and
- with your foot on the brake, press to start the engine.

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does it work similar to other push button start systems?

In other words,

- with your foot off the brake, press once for ACC,
- with your foot off the brake, press twice for ON, and
- with your foot on the brake, press to start the engine.
That's exactly how mine is working; took two pushes the first time to start; since then just one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I installed a push button yesterday in my QX30. Starting the car works fine, but for some reason I have to push it 3 times to shut off everything. After the first push, it shuts off the engine, but the radio is still on; after the second push it shuts off the radio, but turns on the panel, and finally after the third push the panel shuts off. I want to be able to shut off everything with a single push. This is very annoying. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I installed a push button yesterday in my QX30. Starting the car works fine, but for some reason I have to push it 3 times to shut off everything. After the first push, it shuts off the engine, but the radio is still on; after the second push it shuts off the radio, but turns on the panel, and finally after the third push the panel shuts off. I want to be able to shut off everything with a single push. This is very annoying. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong.
That is for convenience. Push it once to turn the engine off, then open your door and everything will turn off. Some people, like me, like to turn the car off as soon as you park, but still be able to listen to music while you grab your stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So the dealer will do this on request? Anyone know if this affects the warranty?
I did it myself. I dropped by my dealer last Saturday to have them remove the crayon color lines on the tires they forgot to remove during the predelivery detail and get a free wash. I showed my sales person and he brought over the sales manager and shows him and they were both pretty geeked about it. I will admit if it appears to create any issues, and I can't believe it will, I'd probably pop it out and take it in using the keys. It's that easy.

One of the guys on here, my neighbor q50aggie, said he's had his for 5500 miles without any problems, so I'm sure it's fine.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
So the dealer will do this on request? Anyone know if this affects the warranty?
Not if they know what's good for them. Infiniti specifically told us to NOT do it.

That said, the 17.5 models just started showing up. Those have push-button start in them. So it may have been a brand new (to the dealership) car and came from the factory with push button. This is going to be a customer satisfaction issue in a month or two when there are still a few 17's being delivered, but we're test driving in 17.5's.

Reactions: Jcbama85

·
Registered
34 Posts
Not if they know what's good for them. Infiniti specifically told us to NOT do it.

That said, the 17.5 models just started showing up. Those have push-button start in them. So it may have been a brand new (to the dealership) car and came from the factory with push button. This is going to be a customer satisfaction issue in a month or two when there are still a few 17's being delivered, but we're test driving in 17.5's.
Appreciate the inside look you give us. It's pretty cool that you give us an inside look.

What is the big issue with the push button being added? My local QX30 driver q50aggie has had his for over 5000 miles with no issues. I've had mine for 3 weeks with none. It appears Infiniti is making crap up with the comments about the wiring messing up.

Keep the inside scoop coming!

·
Registered
98 Posts

Yea, I really want to know their reasoning......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wasn't it just something mentioned earlier where you could essentially turn the car off without it being in park or something? I wasn't sure about the wiring "issues"

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Yeah, the only issue I've found is that if you turn off the car while it is in D or R (which is easy to do), it doesn't shift into P automatically. Whereas if you have the key in it, and turn it off with the key, it shifts into P automatically. It may seem like a small issue, but its a safety issue and therefore hard to dispute.

Just to provide you all a giggle:

We have a new salesperson here. He's nice, but a little slow on the uptake. The boss asked him the difference between a '17 and a '17.5 QX30. He couldn't answer so boss asked me to explain. I looked at him and said, "well, remember how I started the car an hour ago when we went to pick up lunch, what do you think it might be that's different on newer ones?" His guess? 17" vs. 17.5" wheels.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

As far as the car staying in drive, I, one of those weird people who puts the car in park when I stop...

Keep giving us the inside scoop.

How are the QX30s selling in NoCal?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just picked up our QX. Canadian car with a build date was 12/17 it did came with Push Button Start.

Not selling well in Canada even with 0% on Lease or Buy. Scary thought when you buy a car (not speaking about exotics) and your purchase is more than 1% of the cars sold that month, things can not be going well. We did look at the GLA (both my wife and I drive M-B as well we have a M-B sports car so we do lean towards the M-B). It is a shame as in Canada The QX is much better bang for your buck then the GLA. it is cheaper, more options and better warranty . As well in my opinion I feel the QX is also much nicer in both styling and design especially when you look at the interior.

Sales History
Infiniti QX30 Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR
vs
Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class Sales Figures - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got this quote from Mercedes GLA250 regarding this issue. Any comments? Thanks.

All QX30's have the equivalent of what Mercedes calls the "Keyless go" package, but for some reason, Infiniti didn't include the push button ignition switch on cars manufactured 9/1/2016 through 10/31/2016. All QX30's manufactured beginning 11/1/2016 have the push button ignition now.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got this quote from Mercedes GLA250 regarding this issue. Any comments? Thanks.

All QX30's have the equivalent of what Mercedes calls the "Keyless go" package, but for some reason, Infiniti didn't include the push button ignition switch on cars manufactured 9/1/2016 through 10/31/2016. All QX30's manufactured beginning 11/1/2016 have the push button ignition now.
What are you looking for? As you can read in this thread, many people (myself included) purchased the Mercedes push button start and installed it ourselves. I have over 10k miles with it installed and no issues. You can buy it on Amazon for around $35. If you had a later 2017 (2017.5), then yours may, or should, already have the push button start.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Now car makers need to start reading our minds so we can start our cars with mind control :D

That will make a start/stop button look like a typewriter.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts