Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I noticed this when we first got our car, but didn’t think much of it. But now that it’s getting colder, I’m noticing it even more...When I first start the car, I hear the air turn on like it should, however I’ve noticed that after about 30 seconds I can”hear” the air switch through the mode the vents are originally set up on (i.e. the windshield vents). Did that make sense? Lol! There’s a delay and I don’t know why it’s doing that!

It’s the only time I hear it do this. Once the car is up and running, everything is fine. Is this feature normal? I was thinking of taking it to the shop to have it looked at while it’s still under warranty, but thought I’d check in with you guys first.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
115 Posts
So what exactly is the issue? Are you concerned that the airflow is changing automatically after 30 seconds?

·
Super Moderator
469 Posts
Completely normal. It's purpose is so you don't get blasted with really cold/hot air when you get in the car and it's cold/hot outside. The car wants to push the stagnant air out and let the heater or A/C have a little chance to get primed.

It's a comfort thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Completely normal. It's purpose is so you don't get blasted with really cold/hot air when you get in the car and it's cold/hot outside. The car wants to push the stagnant air out and let the heater or A/C have a little chance to get primed.

It's a comfort thing.
Oh that’s good to know! Thank you so much! I really should stop worrying about this car and really just enjoy it. 😂

1 - 5 of 5 Posts