Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ALL,
Please help me with this problem.
Recently replaced a faulty (broken/cracked) Transmission from an Auctioned 2018 Infiniti QX30.

Tranny replacement has being successful but the Gears won't shift but stuck in PARK.

Training Service Manual for new Dealers downloaded here says l need to replace the TCM with a new one.

Can someone please help me with steps on how to go about this new TCM acquisition and guidelines as to how to do the replacement since the TCM is located in the Transmission Body.

Regards
Vicki.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
The TCM is integral with the control valve assembly, and built into the transaxle assembly.

This is not an appropriate repair for the average DIYer.

Are you sure the TCM requires replacement? If you replaced the transmission and did not properly complete the programming steps, then I would attempt to program the existing TCM, first.

Proper reprogramming will require one of the following:
  1. Access to a CONSULT III Plus subscription (Nissan Publications) and a compatible vehicle interface, such as the J-47446-VI2-B, available from Bosch TechMate. The subscription price varies from $30 for 1 day to $1,250 for a year of access. The hardware interface retails for $2,215.72 through official channels, although can be found for less in the grey-market.
  2. A suitable bi-directional aftermarket scan tool with Infiniti/Mercedes TCM replacement capability and J2534 vehicle interface. Common recommendations are the Snap-On Zeus or Verus, Bosch ADS, or Autel MaxiSys. I like the Bosch the best, but the Autel offerings are the most affordable.
Before replacing the TCM, Infiniti recommends using the CONSULT III Plus to perform the following functions:
  • Save data for replacement TCM
  • Save 'Operation log'
After replacement, Infiniti recommends using the CONSULT III Plus to perform the following functions:
  • TCM programming
  • Configuration
  • ECU registration
  • VIN registration
  • Write call ID
  • Oil level check
  • Normalization and adaptation
  • Write data for replacement TCM
  • Clutch adaptation value writing procedure.

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I just saw you posted the DTC in the thread title... Diagnostic info for P0513 does not indicate a problem with the TCM. P0513 is "Incorrect Immobilizer Key - Communication with the electronic ignition switch control unit has a mal-function." The service manual lists possible cause as the Electronic ignition switch control unit.

Are any other DTCs being thrown?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi to ALL,

Very grateful for the quick response and guidelines provided to my Service Support request.

My response to your question whether any other DTC's were thrown or displayed is as attached. - please see or compare, and help me to interpret from the 2 images labeled

1. Scanned as Infiniti QX30 - just 2 DTC or Faults Scanned as Infiniti QX30.jpg
  2. When Scanned as MB GLA250 - just 2 DTC or FAULTS Scanned as MB GLA250.jpg
The CAR STARTS Fine and Engine runs very smoothly but does NOT Drive.

Initially before the Transmission Replacement, any attempt to Shift the Gear Lever between Gears ONLY works/stays for like 2 seconds and automatically swings back to NEUTRAL and displays in the Command Console "Visit a Dealer for Repairs". When you try shifting to Reverse or Drive.

I personally Scanned using Vehicle Selection for the following:

1. 2018 Infiniti QX30 - Fully Scanned All Modules

2. 2018 Mercedes GLA250 (156.944) - Also fully Scanned all Modules, and generated the following attached Reports.
IMG-20200430-WA0069.jpg IMG-20200430-WA0070.jpg IMG-20200430-WA0071.jpg IMG-20200430-WA0072.jpg

Also included the Currently Replaced TCM Live Scanned Data. TCM Live Data Scanned.jpg

I have NOT done any Programming yet on the CAR nor even Collected/Saved any TCM information as advised to re-program the Replaced Transmission.

But now that you have mentioned it all in your Helpful Post, l will now go and look for a Mechanic with the Needed Nissan Consult lll Tools and expertise and revert thereafter or in due Course.

Thanks once again for the help.
Regards
Vicki

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TCM is integral with the control valve assembly, and built into the transaxle assembly.

Are you sure the TCM requires replacement? If you replaced the transmission and did not properly complete the programming steps, then I would attempt to program the existing TCM, first.

1. Access to a CONSULT III Plus subscription (Nissan Publications) and a compatible vehicle interface, such as the J-47446-VI2-B, available from Bosch TechMate. The subscription price varies from $30 for 1 day to $1,250 for a year of access. The hardware interface retails for $2,215.72 through official channels, although can be found for less in the grey-market.
  2. A suitable bi-directional aftermarket scan tool with Infiniti/Mercedes TCM replacement capability and J2534 vehicle interface. Common recommendations are the Snap-On Zeus or Verus, Bosch ADS, or Autel MaxiSys. I like the Bosch the best, but the Autel offerings are the most affordable.
Before replacing the TCM, Infiniti recommends using the CONSULT III Plus to perform the following functions:
  • Save 'Operation log'
After replacement, Infiniti recommends using the CONSULT III Plus to perform the following functions:
  • TCM programming
  • Configuration
  • ECU registration
  • VIN registration
  • Write call ID
  • Oil level check
Hi,

Thanks for all the help the last time. I have now managed to get Access to a Consult lll Plus including the TCM programming Software and during our checks as advised for our initialization and access to the TCM programming it was asking for an Authorisation Code - kindly explain what this it.

Frankly we go stuck here as such aborted the whole process and decided to ask for further help from you.

I remember you asked me to first Subscribe for Nissan Clll Plus Publications at a fee, either daily or otherwise.

Can you kindly help by providing a link to any of your recommended websites where l can Register and subscribe for the Access needed towards the resolution of my reprogrammng challenge.

Kindly provide any other information you may find helpful to my problem in respect of how to go about the subscription and reprogramming.

Regards
Vicki

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I remember you asked me to first Subscribe for Nissan Clll Plus Publications at a fee, either daily or otherwise.

Can you kindly help by providing a link to any of your recommended websites where l can Register and subscribe for the Access needed towards the resolution of my reprogrammng challenge
The subscription is region-specific, so I'm not sure the details in your region... But you can start the process, here:

Infiniti Tech Info Website

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The subscription is region-specific, so I'm not sure the details in your region... But you can start the process, here:

Infiniti Tech Info Website
Hi ALL,

Thanks for the enormous help in providing me with the Link. I have registered and subscribed to the NERS and gotten the needed Software as advised.

Currently preparing and reading a lot from the freely downloaded NERS Manual and have planned to work on the CAR this coming weekend.

Grateful once again.

Regards
Vicki

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

• Save 'Operation log'
  • TCM programming
  • Configuration
  • ECU registration
  • VIN registration
  • Write call ID
  • Oil level check
Hello ALL,

Please help me out with this challenge below to enable me REPROGRAM the REPLACED Transmission on my 2018 QX30 as per this mail Thread.

I happened to lay my hands on a CONSULT III+ including the ECU FILE and subscribed for a 30-day ONLINE SUBSCRIPTION at Infiniti Publications, but when I attempt to do the REPROGRAMMING TASK, i get the message as shown on the photo below.
CIII+ SCREENSHOT.jpeg

Can someone please SIMPLY EXPLAIN to me what l will need to DO to go BEYOND this STAGE so I can complete this PENDING REPROGRAMMING TASK.

Also please explain by PREFERABLY POINTING me to the EXACT LINK/PAGE on the INFINITI TECHINFO WebPage so l can do the NEEDFUL or what I will need to do the RESOLVE this NO SUBSCRIPTION problem.

Exactly what I need to PAY FOR to get this CHALLENGE RESOLVED ASAP.

Thanks and Regards
Victor

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
Right off the bat, you're on an old version of CONSULT-III. Your screenshot shows v94.21, but the latest version is v95.12. Do you have a legit CONSULT-III? Or did you buy a grey-market clone? If it's legit and you have a valid subscription, you should update your software.

The "official" source is Nissan/Infiniti TechMate, operated by Bosch:

The CONSULT-III software license is ~$1,300. That's separate from the TechInfo subscription. If you bought legit hardware from someone other than TechMate (used from another shop, for example) you'd need to buy the software license, still.

I would not trust a grey-market CONSULT-III setup (software or hardware). If you don't want to use the genuine setup -- which is understandable, since it's ridiculously expensive -- then I'd rather use an aftermarket J2534 interface over a questionable clone/hacked setup. The Autel Maxisys is fairly affordable, for example.

To reprogram you need:

• The J-47446-VI2 vehicle interface (or compatible)
  • A compatible computer (thankfully, starting with v91.10 you can use a non-Nissan-supplied computer)
  • A current Consult-III subscription
  • The paid VIN-specific ECU file for reprogramming
Here's the guide for reprogramming the QX30:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Brother,
Thanks a million for all the Information and Technical guide in respect of my programming Challenges. Very Grateful.

Will instead get the J2534 VCI plus the NERS for my programming.

I will be back here to update you on my work progress and success thereafter.

Thanks
Vicki.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts