Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done their own Transmission Flush? Had a Subaru CVT and did my own with out all the temperature fuss...worked great.

·
Super Moderator
494 Posts
I plan on doing mine in about 5k miles. I've done a few tutorials for more basic items (like oil change and tire rotation) and I plan on taking pictures and posting a write up.

Edit: I will be doing a transmission fluid CHANGE.

You should NEVER "flush" the transmission.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep us posted... The Subaru CVT needs a specific temp ... and then you truly only flush about 4.5-5.5 qts.... that’s with a pan drain... however after reading some and watching videos... found a fill plug high on the cvt transmission that accepts transmission fluid... so measured the drained, refilled with approximately the same amount and drove beautifully... did this 3 times over a week... pretty much new fluid change only slight dilution. Didn’t have to worry about a new gasket and dropping pan... or temp settings. I put 323,000 miles on that Crosstrek.
Watch the GLA-250 4-matic posts and videos on Utube much more info!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone done their own Transmission Flush? Had a Subaru CVT and did my own with out all the temperature fuss...worked great.
At 75K on a 2017, I ran in to a pan gasket leak, dealer didn't have the tools quoted me $1200 for the trans service,but they tightened the bolts for free. I watched a tech video of a AMG Trans service. The Pan is forward facing,Vertical,there is a filter in side the pan and a small round one on top of the pan (2) two in total. The right Duel clutch filud will set you back $260 + filters+ pan gasket, O yea you need to buy a dip stick to check the oil level. If you look on line you can find a kit. We all need a good set of E Toques sockets to work on these cars. I went to change my brakes and could not remove the brackets without one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts