Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done their own Transmission Flush? Had a Subaru CVT and did my own with out all the temperature fuss...worked great.

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
I plan on doing mine in about 5k miles. I've done a few tutorials for more basic items (like oil change and tire rotation) and I plan on taking pictures and posting a write up.

Edit: I will be doing a transmission fluid CHANGE.

You should NEVER "flush" the transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keep us posted... The Subaru CVT needs a specific temp ... and then you truly only flush about 4.5-5.5 qts.... that’s with a pan drain... however after reading some and watching videos... found a fill plug high on the cvt transmission that accepts transmission fluid... so measured the drained, refilled with approximately the same amount and drove beautifully... did this 3 times over a week... pretty much new fluid change only slight dilution. Didn’t have to worry about a new gasket and dropping pan... or temp settings. I put 323,000 miles on that Crosstrek.
Watch the GLA-250 4-matic posts and videos on Utube much more info!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone done their own Transmission Flush? Had a Subaru CVT and did my own with out all the temperature fuss...worked great.
At 75K on a 2017, I ran in to a pan gasket leak, dealer didn't have the tools quoted me $1200 for the trans service,but they tightened the bolts for free. I watched a tech video of a AMG Trans service. The Pan is forward facing,Vertical,there is a filter in side the pan and a small round one on top of the pan (2) two in total. The right Duel clutch filud will set you back $260 + filters+ pan gasket, O yea you need to buy a dip stick to check the oil level. If you look on line you can find a kit. We all need a good set of E Toques sockets to work on these cars. I went to change my brakes and could not remove the brackets without one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 75K on a 2017, I ran in to a pan gasket leak, dealer didn't have the tools quoted me $1200 for the trans service,but they tightened the bolts for free. I watched a tech video of a AMG Trans service. The Pan is forward facing,Vertical,there is a filter in side the pan and a small round one on top of the pan (2) two in total. The right Duel clutch filud will set you back $260 + filters+ pan gasket, O yea you need to buy a dip stick to check the oil level. If you look on line you can find a kit. We all need a good set of E Toques sockets to work on these cars. I went to change my brakes and could not remove the brackets without one.
Hey thanks for your insights…

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey thanks for your insights…
I'm approaching 100K miles, So now I'm looking to change the spark plugs (Evo2,14mm,) and bought a special socket for the job,Airfilter,the two trans filters,DCT trans oil all at one time.to get at the plugs everything plastic from the Turbo intake to the air cleaner needs to come off.Once off I have access to the trans front pan&filters I'm still getting 26mpg on average, I'll report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm approaching 100K miles, So now I'm looking to change the spark plugs (Evo2,14mm,) and bought a special socket for the job,Airfilter,the two trans filters,DCT trans oil all at one time.to get at the plugs everything plastic from the Turbo intake to the air cleaner needs to come off.Once off I have access to the trans front pan&filters I'm still getting 26mpg on average, I'll report back on how it goes.
Ok, cool… didn’t realize you could get at that transmission pan from the top like that… I’ve been eyeballing it from the bottom and not happy with the sideways install… however I watched a German mechanic on YouTube do and he said just do it, and don’t be afraid you won’t break it! Lol…I wonder how smart a jiffy lube change would be? Noninvasive… pump in pump out?!

·
Super Moderator
565 Posts
I wonder how smart a jiffy lube change would be? Noninvasive… pump in pump out?!
I would rate that among the dumbest things someone could do with their car.

If Jiffy Lube (or any similar place) is your only option, I'd rather just not change the fluid, at all.

Do it right, or don't do it, imo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, cool… didn’t realize you could get at that transmission pan from the top like that… I’ve been eyeballing it from the bottom and not happy with the sideways install… however I watched a German mechanic on YouTube do and he said just do it, and don’t be afraid you won’t break it! Lol…I wonder how smart a jiffy lube change would be? Noninvasive… pump in pump out?!
This car is so odd ball except to a MB wrench, if there honest they will say no. If they attempt they will kill the trans. The DCT fluid costs $300 + the two filters and you buy the dipstick. I watched the AMG service on you tube, he did it from the top also. I'm planing on two days so I don't rush things.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would rate that among the dumbest things someone could do with their car.

If Jiffy Lube (or any similar place) is your only option, I'd rather just not change the fluid, at all.

Do it right, or don't do it, imo.
Had it done with an old camaro I had years ago, ran so smooth afterwards it was like a new car…. Lol. However it was a $4000.00 car. I really had no intention doing it to my faux Infiniti aka Mercedes…. Thanks for your expert insight.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This car is so odd ball except to a MB wrench, if there honest they will say no. If they attempt they will kill the trans. The DCT fluid costs $300 + the two filters and you buy the dipstick. I watched the AMG service on you tube, he did it from the top also. I'm planing on two days so I don't rush things.
Please keep us informed… I put easily 50 K on a car a year so I’ll be wrenching a lot…. I took my Subaru to 323,000… but did all the axles/wheel bearings/oil changes/transmission fluid changes myself.. I’m very concerned about axles replacement at $1000.00 compared to my rock auto 69.99 for the Subaru…. I Uber and Lyft my vehicles… so I have to maintain them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts