Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a client who is too short to reach the pull-down handle on the QX30. So I MacGyver'd this for her. I went to REI and bought a piece of black web strapping. Got a tech to pop off the plastic inside the back, screwed the webbing to the appropriate spot on the metal behind the plastic, dremeled out the plastic, and put it back together. She loves it.

Caveat: this is in no way an approved Infiniti accessory. It is just me showing off why some salespeople will go the extra mile for clients.

Also, proof that it does rain in the Bay Area sometimes:

Attachments

Reactions: LongRoad

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cool, she must be very short!! I am just curious, how many QX30's has your dealership sold? I hope the car is selling well. It's disappointing how there is pretty much no activity on this forum :\

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great to read about good deeds like these when there are so many more complaints out there. Good job on the strap too, looks liek the QX30 actually came with it. :D

Infiniti just needs to try a bit harder to advertise their products, it's just not the first brand people think of when they want to buy a new car but the automaker has some great models. They just need to get their name out there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nothing speaks more volume than seeing a sales person go beyond what they have to do to satisfy and help someone else. That's amazing !

Kudos to you good sir.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aggie,

Car is selling fairly well. We're lucky - we have about 15 of them in stock. Most other dealers around have 3-4 - so not much to choose from. They just started running TV ads, so that should spark some interest. I've sold 4 so far. Probably going to buy one for my gf next month.

Oh, and for those of you who qualify for VPP, the car is now on the VPP list (it wasn't until a few days ago). Same for Q60.

I think once we start seeing support from Infiniti, this car will start selling better. We could really use better lease numbers at the moment.

·
Registered
209 Posts
That strap looks good enough that it can pass as OEM and that has me wondering if other brands already include pull handles like this. But on the flip side what I have noticed is some brands have fully automated hatches, Cadillac being one of them, but often you have to buy a high end model to get it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Majority of the time you have to buy higher end ... or a minivan.. I think some of them have the button on the inside-side of the trunk area. Life made easy.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not always. But one thing for sure its far more common to come across with higher end models.

One good example of it being on a cheaper product is the Ford Escape, although i'm not sure if they have a button to close the gate that's positioned lower for shorter individuals:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm willing to bet you could replace the struts with shorter ones and keep it from opening too far. Also, the stock struts make it too hard to pull down the tailgate IMO. Different struts with less resistance (as long as it holds the gate up), would be a nice touch.

Which one of you guys is going to figure out the part numbers and setup for this?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts