Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Tire pressure setting

36K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Parthur 
#1 ·
Hi, another question, not so silly.

the QX30 Premium AWD I have has the Continental run-flats. What is the recommended tire pressure? Right now, all tires are set to 51PSI. That seems crazy high (it is the max PSI according to the tirewall), but I have never had run-flats before....

51 PSI? Am I high? heh heh.

May explain some of my rattles if so!

the tire placard in the door jam has a lower rating, cannot recall, but not 51PSI!

#2 ·
If i remember right, front 35 psi, back 29 psi when cold/super early morning before sun rises to heat them up.

I set mine at front 37 psi, back 32 psi when it is 50 degrees out. The temperature today is nearly 100 degrees so my tires are bouncing like ping pongs.

Yes, you need to re-adjust your tire pressures.

#3 ·
Thanks for the response. Set to 37 front, and 32 rear last night (warm night). HUGE difference. Some junior at the dealership decided to use the tire MAX PRESSURE recommendation on the sidewall to pump each tire to 51 PSI, hitting 53PSI while driving on the freeway.

Very unsafe and I'll be speaking to the district manager...

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice, but I'm the type of guy who checks his tires frequently. This problem was different; clearly ignorance on what tire pressures should be set to and definitely NOT the max PSI on the sidewall! The difference is unbelievable, obviously.

#8 ·
jimmy, if they are the ones that came with the car, they are definitely run flats. If you look under the trunk floor, you'll notice you do not have a spare tire.

Pressure is 34ish I believe. Check the sticker on the driver door area near where the seat belt is when you open the door. Ignore what the tires say and go by what the manufacturer lists.

#13 ·
Would be great if we could get phone alerts of things like this since it can help us plan stuff like topping up tire pressure, oil, etc. Maybe once Andriod Auto and Apple Car Play get more integrated we will see this happen. I believe that's the next step for cars, become one with our phones.

#15 ·
So, TPMS alert just went off on me the other day. (Truth be told, I've never checked the pressure [took delivery in April], but wondered if it wasn't a bit high based on the lousy ride quality ...)
The alert showed readings in the mid to upper 30s.

I can't imagine my tire pressures suddenly INCREASED - for the first time ever - on a cool-ish late summer day.

So, stopped to set things right - 35 in the front, 29 in the rear.
Both my gauge and the digital gauge on the compressor at the tire store agreed on the new pressure settings.

And, of course, the QX30 is still yelling at me - with front pressures indicated as 35 (+/-1, it varies) and the rear pressures in the low 30s (which is higher than the gauges reported).
I have the sense that even if I get these set so the TPMS reports the recommended pressures it will still be cranky.

Is it possible to clear the alert? Or, do I just have to live with it?

#16 ·
So, TPMS alert just went off on me the other day. (Truth be told, I've never checked the pressure [took delivery in April], but wondered if it wasn't a bit high based on the lousy ride quality ...)
The alert showed readings in the mid to upper 30s.

I can't imagine my tire pressures suddenly INCREASED - for the first time ever - on a cool-ish late summer day.

So, stopped to set things right - 35 in the front, 29 in the rear.
Both my gauge and the digital gauge on the compressor at the tire store agreed on the new pressure settings.

And, of course, the QX30 is still yelling at me - with front pressures indicated as 35 (+/-1, it varies) and the rear pressures in the low 30s (which is higher than the gauges reported).
I have the sense that even if I get these set so the TPMS reports the recommended pressures it will still be cranky.

Is it possible to clear the alert? Or, do I just have to live with it?

My TPMS alerted me (front tires) last week with the change in temp, cool down out side. I checked and adjusted my air pressures 35 front and 32 rear. Your owners manual will tell you how to reset the TPMS.

#18 ·
My TPMS has been going off, giving me warnings...

All four tires are at 33-34 psi. Currently, all four were at 34 and the image showed the left rear tire in white and the other three in orange. It went off later and the front two were red and one was at 35, the other at 34. The rear were both 34 and one was orange. Really stupid.

The recommended pressure is at 35 in the front and 29 in the rear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.