Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Tire pressure setting

36K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Parthur 
So, TPMS alert just went off on me the other day. (Truth be told, I've never checked the pressure [took delivery in April], but wondered if it wasn't a bit high based on the lousy ride quality ...)
The alert showed readings in the mid to upper 30s.

I can't imagine my tire pressures suddenly INCREASED - for the first time ever - on a cool-ish late summer day.

So, stopped to set things right - 35 in the front, 29 in the rear.
Both my gauge and the digital gauge on the compressor at the tire store agreed on the new pressure settings.

And, of course, the QX30 is still yelling at me - with front pressures indicated as 35 (+/-1, it varies) and the rear pressures in the low 30s (which is higher than the gauges reported).
I have the sense that even if I get these set so the TPMS reports the recommended pressures it will still be cranky.

Is it possible to clear the alert? Or, do I just have to live with it?

My TPMS alerted me (front tires) last week with the change in temp, cool down out side. I checked and adjusted my air pressures 35 front and 32 rear. Your owners manual will tell you how to reset the TPMS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.