Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pretty sure im still riding on the original tires that came with the car with almost 48k miles on em....so yeah **** good sturdy tire...the Goodyear efficiency but they are cooked.

I went to Costco and the only option they have is the Michelin Cup sport and it comes out to 1500 dollars and those stickies only last probably 20k miles.

Now my local dealership has the buy 3 get the 4th tire for a buck deal going on and they can get me the same Goodyear efficiency tire for $1294...total. So I definitely would rather go with that.

How much did you guys pay for your 235/45/19 run flats and what option did you guys go with? There isn't too many run flat options.

Am I making a good decision or would you go with another option? Thanks in advance for your help and opinions.

· Super Moderator
662 Posts
My QX30 has the 18" wheels, so it's not apples-to-apples for your situation. But I went with the 235/50R18 Continental ProContact TX SSR Runflats. Purchased from TireRack for $873.56 + tax, free shipping. Also got a $70 mail-in-rebate gift card to further lower the price. I had a local shop mount/balance the tires. They charged $90.

· Registered
5 Posts
I switched to non-run flats, put a full size spare in the trunk, and opened up many options for tires. I use Firestone's now. I need to be able to commute over well over 50 miles on a moments notice and being stuck with run flats with only a 50 mile range is not an option.

· Registered
1 Posts
I switched to non-run flats, put a full size spare in the trunk, and opened up many options for tires. I use Firestone's now. I need to be able to commute over well over 50 miles on a moments notice and being stuck with run flats with only a 50 mile range is not an option.
In the trunk tire well did the full size fit ok with the 18" or did you have the 19"?

· Registered
5 Posts
No it does not fit in the well. It takes up 2/3 of the regular trunk space. So if trunk space is important to you this would be a problem. For me being able to drive well over 50 miles in a flat tire situation was more important than losing 2/3 of the trunk space. It would depend on what the individual values more space or range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts