Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been going back and forth on painting my calipers maybe red or yellow.
- Going to attach photos of my car currently, please give your opinions, i think it may dress the wheels up a bit but don't want to make anything look too aftermarket! Also, if anyone has done this please attach photos below
Thanks!
IMG_4827.JPG
IMG_9280.JPG
IMG_4825.JPG

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
When done properly, it looks good. However, I'd say that MOST of the times I see painted calipers it is not done properly. Another concern is "size". I'd have to look specifically at the QX30 calipers, but generally factory calipers don't have the size to back up a flashy color.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
I've never really understand painting your brake calipers. The paint always ends up fading away very quickly. The calipers also will build up surface rust no matter what, so I don't see the point...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never really understand painting your brake calipers. The paint always ends up fading away very quickly. The calipers also will build up surface rust no matter what, so I don't see the point...
LOL! on most high end cars they come painted (powder coated)....and they look awesome IMO. I don't think the QX30 has nice enough calipers to bother painting tho. they're too small.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
60 Posts
LOL! on most high end cars they come painted (powder coated)....and they look awesome IMO. I don't think the QX30 has nice enough calipers to bother painting tho. they're too small.
I was referring to more "normal" cars lmao. Daily drivers and those types of vehicles in particular. A high end car is a different story though.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
on most high end cars they come painted (powder coated)....
Powder coating and painting are completely different processes. Powder coating is a durable option; paint -- not so much.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Powder coating and painting are completely different processes. Powder coating is a durable option; paint -- not so much.
I didn't say they were the same - and painted calipers, if done properly lasts just as long - ask me how I know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts