Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I currently have the base model 2018 Qx30 and want to make some changes. Can anyone suggest any lowering coilovers and springs? I know our car can fit the eibach springs for the GLA250, but will all suspension parts for the GLA250 be compatible for the qx30?

Does anyone know the current weight of the stock wheels? I do not want to buy wheels that would weigh more than stock ones. Also, what is the bolt pattern for the US qx30?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Don’t lower it. You bought a crossover. Lowering it is just stupid. If you wanted a car, why didn’t you buy a car?

I do not know the weight on the stock wheels. I don’t use aftermarket wheels because they almost always look cheap and don’t ride as well. I strongly urge you to reconsider.

If you decide to do it anyway, the Bolt pattern is 5 x 112.

I haven’t confirmed this — again, I think aftermarket wheels are a bad idea — but I do believe Wheels that fit the Mercedes GLA will work on the QX30. I know first-hand that the lug bolts are Mercedes parts.

Unless Infiniti has a specific need to redesign something (body panels, general interior trim, infotainment) then its 99.9% a Mercedes part. Heck, even the key blade has a three-pointed star on it!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I am not sure about suspension. You might have to ask an Infiniti tech what the differences are between this and a GLA. I would think it is the same, but they have done many changes between the two.

I was looking at Mercedes wheels to use with snow tires, but haven't had much luck. I did see some sweet AMG wheels on a GLA 250, but it was on the road. I would love to put those on my car. You could probably call specialty shops about forged wheels with the proper bolt pattern and offset if you want lighter wheels. Honestly, I think the wheels on the QX30 are kind of ugly. Overall, I still like the car, but the snowflake design isn't very aggressive looking.

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
You should measure your existing wheels to confirm... However, I do NOT believe they are 5x4.5...

Most Infiniti vehicles are 5x4.5, and I think a lot of companies/websites put that information for the QX30 out of habit or lack of understanding that the QX30 is more Mercedes than Infiniti.

I just put on a set of wheel locks, and the lug bolts are definitely Mercedes parts. They're 17mm bolts -- not nuts -- and they have the 3-pointed-star on them. So I would have more confidence in the GLA250 spec than any Infiniti spec.

But you can always measure your wheels to confirm 100%.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts