Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Look what I found from the GLA/CLA. Looks like a perfect fit, it even includes the switch for the power sunshade. Has anyone tried swapping?

·
Super Moderator
513 Posts
I would expect it to be a straight swap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Everything except the panoramic sunroof is just plug and play.

Since I had no circuit diagram (for the panoramic switches)... I implement my own cheap Long Temp Temporary Solution as follow:

Work like a charm :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, I certainly wasn’t expecting this — and this is perhaps why the sunroof switch is in a different location on the Infiniti module. Can you explain how involved this is?

·
Registered
9 Posts
My LTTS solution was really easy to implement (it took maybe 30-45 minutes).

What You will need:
  • two membrane switch keypad with 1 key (they should have a sticky side)
  • some goldpins and wires
  • soldering iron
  • QX30 sunshade harness connector (you can use the one from your current console) with 3 wires
  • GLA/CLA/etc... console with a sunglass storage :)
  • and some torx keys

On QX30 the sunshade switch have just 3 wires (from what I remember): Red (+12V), Green (Close) and Yellow (Open).
The Idea is to plug the Red+Yelow wires to one switch and Red+Green wires to another one.

How to steps:
  • Open the console
  • Cut and stick the membrane switches to the board (like I did)
  • Drill small hole for harness in console body
  • Connect/solder wires to switches (use goldpins if necessary): Red+Yellow (open) and Red+Green (close)
  • put it all together
  • Enjoy :)

btw. QX30 sunshade switch has no illuminated backlight, and the one from GLA/CLA has :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jag, thank you for explaining the steps in great detail. It looks like this would be a nice plug and play upgrade for the QX30 with no sunroof.

Unfortunately, we’re going to have to do without this upgrade in Holly. It’s a bit beyond the scope of my comfort with soldering/drilling, and I’m afraid of voiding the warranty. If you’re ever in town I’ll buy the sunglass console and hire you to install. LOL. Cheers!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts