Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just picked up my 2018 QX30. I have all the bells and whistles as it is fully loaded. I noticed that the street name does not show up in the center vehicle information display. Only "heading" and compass direction. I thought in the owners manual it was supposed to display the street name as well. The street name is in the navigation screen in the center console, just not in the center vehicle information display. I kinda like it there as well so I can just look and see the street name in front of me instead of looking at the navigation display in the center console to my right. By the way I do have navigation package. ;)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi @den110, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car! I'll have to check what the dashboard display shows when I have it in the navigation menu. I'm fairly certain it displays the street name when I have a route set. Silly question, but are you sure you have a route set? I don't think the navigation menu shows anything if I'm simply driving around with no route set.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi @den110, welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car! I'll have to check what the dashboard display shows when I have it in the navigation menu. I'm fairly certain it displays the street name when I have a route set. Silly question, but are you sure you have a route set? I don't think the navigation menu shows anything if I'm simply driving around with no route set.
It does show the street name when the route is set. I was just wondering if it would also show the street name when I am just driving around. I looked in the user manual and it does indicate that the street name should display even though no route has been set in the navigation program. So far just showing "heading" and below it N, S, NW E.. etc. only.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine shows the street name as I'm just driving around. I have it set to only show the map, which is how it came by default I'm pretty sure. I'll check my settings to see if there's more to it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I did double check everything, I just have it set to the main map view (it's the first option in the Map View selection, if you press the Map button, then press it again, it'll bring up the different Map Views). I checked all the settings, I didn't see anywhere to change what it shows there. And I do see my current road name. I didn't read through the manual on this, but perhaps we have different software? I could check the version # if you want, let me know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did double check everything, I just have it set to the main map view (it's the first option in the Map View selection, if you press the Map button, then press it again, it'll bring up the different Map Views). I checked all the settings, I didn't see anywhere to change what it shows there. And I do see my current road name. I didn't read through the manual on this, but perhaps we have different software? I could check the version # if you want, let me know.
So you are saying that the display above your steering wheel shows the street name without setting a navigation route in the navigation program in the center LCD display? When I set the display to "nav" on the screen above my steering wheel it just shows "heading" and N, S, W E etc. no street name. Only when I engage navigation with a route entered does it show the street name and turn by turn directions above the steering wheel.

·
Registered
148 Posts
In case you haven't tried it, you can change the map settings in the main screen. It still doesn't address the original concern with having street names in the dashboard screen, but it presents the current street, next street, and previous street on the main screen. Very handy!

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts