Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
How many of u folks,still have ur Qx3o,and is it still trunning and looking great!? I'm gonna make my decision very soon!馃槄馃お

Super Moderator
Still have mine, and it鈥檚 enjoyable to drive. That said, I wouldn鈥檛 buy it again. I only keep it because I don鈥檛 want to spend more money to buy something else. Might as well drive what I have.

Infiniti has abandoned us, and resale value reflects that. Unless Infiniti pulls a 180, I won鈥檛 be staying with the brand.

Registered
How many of u folks,still have ur Qx3o,and is it still trunning and looking great!? I'm gonna make my decision very soon!馃槄馃お
Love mine best small crossover I have ever owned great ride nice sound system moves when your in sport mode keeping it for a long time .

Registered
We bought a 2018 with every option. Only 23,000 miles and so far with zero issues, except a cracked windshield from a nasty rock hit. My wife still loves driving it every day. It replaced a G60 coupe so we are OK with the ULTRA compact size. It fits our needs for a Unique, fun daily driver. For family duties we drive our QX80. We've driven our QX30 to CO to go skiing and the Turbo motor is AMAZING at altitude and steep inlines. Woooosh! The AWD is as sure footed as I've driven and I've owned them all. Things we wish it had... Power lift gate, Remote Start, Heated steering wheel, a bit more sound deadening. We average 23-24 mpg mixed driving and see 25-28 mpg hwy cruising 75+. In 2 years of ownership we've only seen 1 other QX30 in town. My wife still gets many comments on what a cute, sharp, sporty little SUV it is. If your OK with the small size, Buy one. They are great value at $20,000 for a low mile 2018. AVOID the 2017 as they had a few electrical bugs, and blanks screen issues. Hold out for the Luxury package with LED lighting, Navi, push button start etc. Lastly, the dual clutch tranny is awesome for instant shifts under power. The nature of a dual clutch is a bit jerky at times at stop and go speeds, more noticeable in cold winter months. No mechanical issues, but most owners will confirm this. A QX50 will likely replace our QX30 down the road.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thabku so much for ur reply! I was looking at the 2017 because I've read theres very little style changes! Prices very but very few for $20k! Looking for liquid copper with all options!Will look for 2018 now...thanx again!!

Registered
Thabku so much for ur reply! I was looking at the 2017 because I've read theres very little style changes! Prices very but very few for $20k! Looking for liquid copper with all options!Will look for 2018 now...thanx again!!
Gotta agree w/wirth.. it鈥檚 not my Lancer Evo VII, but it鈥檚 fun to slowly mod this Mercedes. Just gotta be smart along the way..

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Still have mine, and it鈥檚 enjoyable to drive. That said, I wouldn鈥檛 buy it again. I only keep it because I don鈥檛 want to spend more money to buy something else. Might as well drive what I have.

Infiniti has abandoned us, and resale value reflects that. Unless Infiniti pulls a 180, I won鈥檛 be staying with the brand.
Something to think about!

Registered
My 2018 Sport continues to perform fine mechanically, although I only have just over 10k on it. For the price, I'm relatively satisfied, but there are some things I think Infiniti really overlooked:
  • There should be something in between "eco" and "sport" mode. I'm a spirited driver but sport mode takes too long to upshift. I think this is to compensate for how slow the transmission is to react and actually downshift when more power is needed. The transmission is also SLOW to shift from reverse to drive.
  • Infotainment is not nearly powerful enough - takes up to a second or more for simple touchscreen options to activate. There are also features missing that would be present on a strict Infiniti such as the ability for InTouch Services to transfer navigation data directly to your car.
  • Who the **** wants a fixed-glass roof?
I can forgive the lack of power liftgate and other features you can get on a Kia and somehow can't on the QX30, but the above items are what continue to really bug me. Infiniti has made sure you know you went with the QX30 and not its Mercedes cousin.

Super Moderator
There should be something in between "eco" and "sport" mode. I'm a spirited driver but sport mode takes too long to upshift. I think this is to compensate for how slow the transmission is to react and actually downshift when more power is needed. The transmission is also SLOW to shift from reverse to drive.
Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your QX30? The DCT should be incredibly quick to shift. Almost instantaneous. Going from Reverse->Drive has a delay because the computer is programmed to have a delay... But shifting between 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 should be incredibly quick. The car has paddle shifters, too, so if you want a lower gear, just tap the left paddle once or twice.

Infotainment is not nearly powerful enough - takes up to a second or more for simple touchscreen options to activate. There are also features missing that would be present on a strict Infiniti such as the ability for InTouch Services to transfer navigation data directly to your car.
Yes, the infotainment is slow and out-dated. However, the QX30 does have the ability for InTouch Services to transfer destinations to the car. I use it all the time!

Who the **** wants a fixed-glass roof?
I would have preferred a power opening roof. I'm not sure if Mercedes withheld the option or if Infiniti didn't want to pay for it. Either way, I'd much prefer the glass roof over a metal roof.

Infiniti has made sure you know you went with the QX30 and not its Mercedes cousin.
That cuts both ways. The interior on the QX30 is vastly superior to the GLA250. Infiniti knocked it out of the park when they did their dash design. Actual visual flair and a tailored dash! The GLA is bleh plastic.

Registered
Got my 2018 QX30 a year ago in May. Low mileage 9K. Loaded premium trim package. Majestic white. Love the car, love the ride, love the way it handles. Wish it had a power lift and close gate! My only disappointment is the brushed aluminum trim around the windows and the roof rails. It's gotten cloudy and marred and I can't get it to buff out. I still like my lil buggy...

Registered
Got my 2018 QX30 a year ago in May. Low mileage 9K. Loaded premium trim package. Majestic white. Love the car, love the ride, love the way it handles. Wish it had a power lift and close gate! My only disappointment is the brushed aluminum trim around the windows and the roof rails. It's gotten cloudy and marred and I can't get it to buff out. I still like my lil buggy...
There is a lot of products out there that will clean the aluminum look on line good luck .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts