Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So in the past month or so, my car has been acting weird. At least once a week, these have been happening:

1. I'll get the indicator on my dash showing that the driver's door is open (while driving). At slow speeds, when this happened, the car went into "Park mode". Today while driving to work, it did it again while I was driving at 45mph. It scared me because I was afraid it might trigger "Park mode" and send me flying out the windshield, or something horrific like that..

2. When I was parking at work, and while I was about to get to a full stop at an intersection, the car's door locks unlocked (YES, unlocked!), and the car immediately went into "Park mode".

I've brought the car to our Infiniti Service Department a couple of times now, and they could not figure out what's going on. Well, they couldn't replicate the issue while the car was with them, so they had no leads on what to fix, and no error codes have popped up.

Have any of you experienced this? Seems like something's shorting out, but I don't know where to start looking.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can share.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
132 Posts
Out of curiosity, when's the last time you had your batteries tested? When one or both batteries are going bad you can sometimes get weird electrical gremlins.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Out of curiosity, when's the last time you had your batteries tested? When one or both batteries are going bad you can sometimes get weird electrical gremlins.
I had the car at the shop about 3 weeks ago, and the batteries are still running strong. My car's going back to shop pretty soon (to replace a door handle cable). I can have them re-check the batteries then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

They found the culprit! The door’s control unit was bad. They were able to pull codes off of it that pointed towards the issues. So far it hasn’t acted up. I got it replaced just before the end of the car’s warranty. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ugh...

I thought they had fixed the issue.. Yesterday was the worst. We took the car out for a little drive and almost the entire trip, the door ajar screen keeps popping up (driver side). Had to take frequest stops to open and close the door in case something was kinked, or it just didn’t latch in properly. A fun day turned out to be very stressful and frustrating.

Taking the car back to the service department hopefully tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the car back yesterday. They ended up replacing the actuator. I’m hoping this finally fixes the issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope... still there... happened again today...

This is super concerning, and I don’t understand why this hasn’t been figured out.

:(

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had some issues with my actuators as well, they all slowly went out one by one, it was frustrating. Glad I had warranty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had some issues with my actuators as well, they all slowly went out one by one, it was frustrating. Glad I had warranty
I just got my car back yesterday after being in the shop for over a week. Looks like after a bit of digging around, there was some prior body work done to the car. The door was out of alignment, apparently throwing off the sensors. It didn’t show up on carfax, so I don’t know if this originated from an accident that was never reported, it’s a mystery. They reset the door, so now it is back in alignment. It actually opens and closes better than before, so I’m hoping this is the fix I needed.

Anyways, so far no issues. I’ll be driving this bad boy a lot in the next few days and see if the issues come back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts