Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Well, it happened to me twice in our QX30. We had a misfire in the 2nd cylinder which caused the car to shake. Turning on/off the car allowed the car to drive/behave, but turbo was in limp mode and they sourced it to some loose pin fitment. This was back in April/May.

Fastforward to July 26th, and it happened twice to my wife and one on Friday morning to me as I was driving my son to camp. Brought it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce the issue, but they obviously do acknowledge the problem, so they will be doing a bit of cylinder reconfiguration where they will place a spark plug from cylinder 2 into cylinder 1, injector into cylinder 3 and something else into cylinder 4. This is all in an attempt to see if the error moves to another cylinder, or if it is a deeper problem with cylinder 2.

It is a sit and wait to see what happens, but in the interim, wondering if anyone else encountered this at all?

Paul

·
Super Moderator
403 Posts
Yikes. That sucks. Hopefully they find a defective spark plug, ignition coil, or fuel injector.

·
Registered
82 Posts
That is the best way to diagnose this type of issue.

I haven't experienced this on my QX30 but have seen this on another car. The issue ended up following the coil so we decided to just replace all of them, but the bad coil still passed the bench test.

Please keep us updated! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts