Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any method to overriding the 8-minute (level III) setting for the heated seats? After 8 minutes, it automatically goes to Level II and then at some point to level I. I would prefer to control this myself, so I figure there is possibly a way to perform some convenience coding through OBD, but does this sort of thing exist?

Paul

·
Super Moderator
431 Posts
Why do you want to? The third level is rediculously hot... once it reaches temp it makes sense for the system to ramp down. It saves your seats from additional wear, and may save your butt from burns, too.

If you REALLY want to burn, you can always push the button again and sear-away.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you want to? The third level is rediculously hot... once it reaches temp it makes sense for the system to ramp down. It saves your seats from additional wear, and may save your butt from burns, too.

If you REALLY want to burn, you can always push the button again and sear-away.
The problem is that it doesn't get anywhere hot enough before it goes down to level II. There is no sense of heat in the seat when it drops even to Level I. And the decision of what heat level should be up to the operator of the vehicle and not an arbitrary value in the computer system.

In my X3, I can actually program temperature values for the different levels the Convenience programming options available through the OBD port.

Paul

·
Registered
148 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts