Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have intermittent issued with the screen going "blank" when putting the car in "reverse"?

Paul

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
Anyone have intermittent issued with the screen going "blank" when putting the car in "reverse"?
Yes, I've experienced it a few times. I've seen others on the forum also complain about it.

If you hold down the radio power button for several seconds, the infotainment system reboots and the camera starts working, again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've seen it mentioned a couple times on here, so it looks to be hit or miss. Hopefully that's something that can be addressed with a software update.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it often happens when you shift into reverse too quickly after starting the engine. The monitor or computer does not seem to have started properly and gets confused when the reverse gear is engaged.

Infiniti seems to have really cheap components installed there or the performance of the CPU is simply too weak.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jumo is correct. It happens when you shift into reverse too quickly after starting the engine. I recently traded in my Q50 which had the same software and it had the same issues. Sometimes the screen will go blank and sometimes even after you put the car in drive you'll see that the reverse camera is still on. I thought it was just my particular Q50 that had those issues but they followed me to the QX30.

·
Registered
7 Posts
simple fix... start the car first....then put it in reverse. Voila!
:O
We are all starting the car before putting it in reverse. You have to wait 20-30 seconds after starting the car before putting it in reverse to allow the back up camera to function properly.

·
Registered
184 Posts
20-30 seconds? Obviously, something is not working and this would be more than simple to show the dealer

As also mentioned above, I was assuming you were pushing it to R right after you pushed the start button...I have done that when I was in a hurry, but then I push P and push it back to R and all is good in the world.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a known issue with the system and there is no fix. Letting your car idle for 20-30 seconds isn't necessarily a bad thing unless you're in a hurry. The motor and oil will warm, and the coolant will flow.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It does happen to my sometimes, but I never have to wait 20-30 seconds to put it in reverse. I put it in reverse probably 1 second after starting the car, and most of the time it works, but occasionally, it is black.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Perhaps a complaint can be filed with the dealership, have something on file, and if there are enough of them then maybe Infiniti will do something about it. Sounds like a software problem more than hardware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We leased our QX30 March 14. On the way home from dealership the rear speaker started crackling really bad. Then it got worse!! Took it back in the next day and after 2 days of tech evaluations they found the amplifier was bad. On a brand new car! It took a few days to get the vehicle back. Now when we put it in reverse sometimes the screen goes black. Sometimes the rear camera stays on when we put it back in drive for a few seconds. And this morning when I reversed down the driveway I lost my stereo sound. No stereo or sound function worked until I got home and turned the car off and back on. 🤬. So frustrating!

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
If you hold down the power button for the radio for about 5 seconds the system reboots (you can do this while driving -- the engine stays on). I've done this a few times to get the camera to start working, again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2017 QX30. After trying to fix the problem several times, the Service Mgr at my dealership ordered a new Nav system for my car under warranty. Haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lease a QX30 Premium 7/21/2018.
Experienced screen black when shifting into reverse out after 20 mins of driving. Didnt know wt to do at that moment esp lots of blind spots in the car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Could it be an electrical problem? I've had the same problem on a car I just purchased 2 months ago. Took it back to the dealership and was told it was needed a software update. Then it happened again today.

Approximately 6 weeks after I bought the care I released the rear hatch cover to vacuum only to discover the left harness was crushed. The next day I went to the dealership and asked to have the part replaced. When I went in for my follow-up appointment for another problem I was told the cover itself couldn't be replaced, the entire wiring harness had to be done as well and the dealership wasn't authorized to do that since it was an $11,000 repair. The dealership contacted Infiniti and the request was denied.

I then contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs. Spoke to a regional manager who told me since I haven't had any problems "yet" with the electrical system they can't and won't do anything about it. She also said while my case has been documented she can't guarantee that if these problems don't occur until after the warranty expires, that Infiniti will be willing to assist me.

The major problem is from what I gather, everything electrical runs through that harness. The regional manager did say that every time the hatch is opened and closed those wires are getting pinched. She also said that even if/when they replace it, it will happen again. If it's crushed once, it's going to get crushed again.

I was told the only way something will be done is if enough people have this problem and complain to consumer affairs. IMHO it is a design flaw that Infiniti won't own up to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts