Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife parked the qx30 hair too close to the garage door, which when it came down, ran a nice vertical scratch down the middle of my rear bumper. Aghhhh ?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Can you post a picture of the damages?

Do you know if it went through the clear coat or is it just a clear coat scratch that you may be able to buff out with some compound?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ouch... now that's gonna be beyond a simple buff out. I would just take it to a body shop and see how much they would cost to just blend over that. My experiences with touch up paint is that it's gonna be real hard to make it look good. But it's real easy to make it look bad.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I see this so often on cars. Makes me sad.

Not going to buff out. Body shop if you need it fixed, or wait for someone to hit you then claim it.

Reactions: Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer service center recommended body shop as they don't do deep scratches. Took in for estimate 1000 dollars . So I was thinking to fill the pain scratches with putty and then clean and then use a thin brush to paint the touch up paint . And the glossy bumper scratch - new bumper 75 dollars . Any suggestions?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I think this is the best video to really look at to get the essentials on how to deal with it in regards to filling and touch up paint, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts