Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my qx30 doesn’t have a roof rails for roof rack. I called Infiniti they said they can Install 2 horizontal roof bars for 500 $ everything included . My ultimate goal is to install the hard shell roof tent, any recommendations?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'd go look into Thule feet and cross bars. Or Yakima.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thule Aeroblade Edge

I noticed that the roof has 4 slots , anyone has any idea what these are used for ? What roof racks can fit in these ?
Those four slots are "fixed points" which means that your roof is a "fixed points" roof vs. a "flush rails" roof. Thule offers a useful tool to see exactly what parts you need: https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/fit-my-car.

I've installed the Aeroblade Edge (https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/roof-rack/roof-rack-components-and-accessories/thule-aeroblade-edge-7601b-_-7601b) on my car. Note that you'll need #7601 and #7602 to account for the different lengths of the crossbars. In total, you would need the two cross bars, and the appropriate fit kit (for roofs with "fixed points").

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
18 Posts
Thule Aeroblade Edge

Those four slots are "fixed points" which means that your roof is a "fixed points" roof vs. a "flush rails" roof. Thule offers a useful tool to see exactly what parts you need: Fit my car.

I've installed the Aeroblade Edge (Thule Aeroblade Edge 760x) on my car. Note that you'll need #7601 and #7602 to account for the different lengths of the crossbars. In total, you would need the two cross bars, and the appropriate fit kit (for roofs with "fixed points").
Hi can you post photos on your car with the roof rack on it! Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium (Mother's Car)
35 Posts
My mother's 2018 QX30 Premium came with roof racks from the factory. If someone has the part number it should be a direct fit.

·
Super Moderator
385 Posts
Infiniti was prepping crossbars for their accessory catalog, but I'm not sure they were ever released in the US. Now that the QX30 has been discontinued, I wouldn't expect them to come out.

The Mercedes GLA crossbars should work fine, however, so just buy those.

·
Registered
2018 Infiniti QX30
18 Posts
Infiniti was prepping crossbars for their accessory catalog, but I'm not sure they were ever released in the US. Now that the QX30 has been discontinued, I wouldn't expect them to come out.

The Mercedes GLA crossbars should work fine, however, so just buy those.
Does Mercedes have a similar type catalog? For models with no roof rails at all? My car just has fixed points.

·
Super Moderator
385 Posts
Does Mercedes have a similar type catalog? For models with no roof rails at all? My car just has fixed points.
I've seen the Mercedes crossbars that fit vehicles with flush roof rails... But your QX30 doesn't have roof rails. You need a rack that fits the fixed points.

I'm not sure if Mercedes sold crossbars for the fixed points. They seem to have removed their accessory catalog for the W156 (the GLA chassis that is shared with the QX30) from their website.

At this point, I'd suggest going with Thule.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts