Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Our QX30 AWD is on order and it should be here in 2/3 weeks. Just bought Michelin X-Ice Xi3 snow tires - Stock Size (235/50/18) today and was wondering if the rim bolt pattern is 5x114.3 (Infiniti) or 5x112 (M-B) Dealer does not know, but tells me he will check it out (he would like to sell me Rims/Tires and TPMS for $2400+taxes CDN$ but he will throw in the install ;-) - a little steep for me). After some of the info the dealer has told me I have a better chance of getting the correct info from this forum.

Tire Rack does not have any info on the QX30 as well as many other sites do not show the QX30. Some show 5x114.3 well others show 5x112 ie. costco with Velox.

I'm in Canada and have been to both Canadian Tire and Kal Tire - the largest tire companies in Canada and they do not have it in their databases either.

Thanks so much,

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tried checking a few sources and I can't come up with anything. Tirerack.com still doesn't have anything up for it yet either unfortunately.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Checking now. Pretty sure it is Mercedes pattern.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer has confirmed it is 5x112.But he still wants to do a test fit for $30.00 to confirm. Just spent how much for a car and now another $30 since they are not 100% sure. I have a set of M-B 18x8 ET45 Rims in storage from the car that we are replacing so I will test it next week before a get the snow tires all mounted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If you have the MB wheels already, definitely just try it yourself. I wouldn't even bat an eye at someone telling me that I would have to pay $30 to test fit a rim. That's just absurd. Make sure to take some pictures though!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Bolt pattern has been confirmed at 112mm. But according to the dealer

"The Bolt Pattern is not a concern however the area of issue is the Offset. What my Service personnel are saying is that the rim is too wide and so on the inside it runs too close to the struts. The concern here is that under load contact could be made"

This surprises me as the 8" Rim is the same width rim on the 19" option - if the owner’s manual is correct. According to

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=235-45-19X8ET43&wheel2=235-50-18X8ET45&wheel3=255-55-18X8ET35&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=30mm&sr=0mm

we are only 2mm (0.080") closer. What they might of notice was my stock M-B tires on the rims being 255/55/18 being wider by 20mm (0.787")

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/?wheel1=235-45-19X8ET43&wheel2=255-55-18X8ET45&wheel3=255-55-18X8ET35&fcl=50mm&scl=50mm&wcl=30mm&sr=0mm

Mickey it’s not the $30.00 it’s the fact that they did not know for sure that the bolt pattern was 112. I was told originally it was 114.2 twice. I just dropped north of $45K CDN$ and to charge $30 to confirm something that they did not know for sure?

I will get some pictures as soon as I get the car as we are still waiting to find out where it is as it landed about 1 ½ weeks ago. It was destined for the Auto Show in Toronto but they have supposedly rerouted it? I’m assured it will not be at the auto show, if I can’t get it until March 1st – we know where its been.

Attachments

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone have information on the center bore size? Since I plan on getting aftermarket wheels that will be one vital area to look at, fortunately its not that big of an issue since a simple slip on spacer will solve it, still, its better to get the correct size right from the start.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Bore is 66.6mm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up the car yesterday and went to the tire shop to get the snow tires put on. I can confirm as did the dealer the bolt pattern is 5x112mm (M-B) I used my M-B Rims 18x8" ET 45 with the stock size of snow tire 235/55/18 and everthing fit perfect. Just now have to wait for the after market TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I picked up the car yesterday and went to the tire shop to get the snow tires put on. I can confirm as did the dealer the bolt pattern is 5x112mm (M-B) I used my M-B Rims 18x8" ET 45 with the stock size of snow tire 235/55/18 and everthing fit perfect. Just now have to wait for the after market TPMS sensors.
Which snow tires did you opt for?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I made an error we used the stock tire size 235/50/18 - not 235/55/18 as stated above.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 - 235/50/18 101H XL - we have only driven 250km (150 miles) on dry roads - first impression very quite. Since we only drove to the tire shop from the dealer I can't really compare the ride between the Snow tires and stock tires. They have a very good warrenty with 6 years and 60,000 km (37,000 miles)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Michelin X-Ice Xi3 - 235/50/18 101H XL - we have only driven 250km (150 miles) on dry roads - first impression very quite. Since we only drove to the tire shop from the dealer I can't really compare the ride between the Snow tires and stock tires. They have a very good warrenty with 6 years and 60,000 km (37,000 miles)
I can vouch for them as well, even on dry pavement as winter dies down they still perform well. I have a heavy foot and tend to drive like i'm on a race track and even with that type of driving it holds up. Typically that sort of driving is what you don't want to do on winters.

A real test would be seeing its performance in arctic level of cold.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can now vouch for the tires in cold (-15c/5f) snowy conditions. We had about 3 inches of snow on the way home last night. High winds and lots of areas of icy conditions and the QX and Xi3 were great. They are every bit as good as the Bridgestone’s on my GL.

·
Registered
82 Posts
What are your oem supplied tires? I have the continental pro contact runflat and they seem to be decent in the snow so I didn't bother getting snow tires for this car.

I do have the same x-ice on my other car and they are great snow tires!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts