Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have Infiniti QX30 with halogen headlights. Thought to change to LED headlights, and not just bulbs. Has anyone already changed? And what may be the differences (problems) in the installation of LED headlights. The car from USA and the headlights thought to install a European LED. I will be glad to any advice. Thank.

·
Registered
352 Posts
That's an EXPENSIVE proposition. Better off just doing LED replacement bulbs, or trade the car in for one with factory LED's, imo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This car is important to me, but I really do not like the halogen headlights. I’m ready to completely replace the headlights, but I don’t know if they will fit the size and control units ...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't think you understand the size of this undertaking. Depending on what equipment you have, you may need to replace/add:
  • Front Camera Unit (necessary for LED High Beam Assist Control)
  • Front combination lamp
  • Swivel actuator
  • Headlamp aiming motor
  • Front height sensor
  • LED headlamp control module
  • Rear height sensor
I'm not currently sure if you would need a new BCM, or if your existing BCM can be re-programmed. Either way, there are definitely sensor initialization processes that must be run, so, at a minimum, you'd need access to a Nissan CONSULT-III subscription and suitable VCI.

As you can see, the BCM directly actuates the halogen headlight system:

But on the LED headlight system, there is a separate headlight control module that listens to the CAN bus.

This would be an interesting conversion, but I'm not aware of anyone who has actually done it. The cost for these parts would run many thousands of dollars, and I simply don't think it's worthwhile.... But if you do decide to go down that path, please post pictures and notes of your progress. I'd be interested to see how you make out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts