Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in canada this is almost a necessity. Does anyone have any recommendations? Was told by my dealer that it is not available as an OEM product. Have always had one on my other vehicles and it's very convenient in winter. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Have you used any aftermarket ones before? I've always heard CompuStar systems are good. Just ensure your installer knows what he's doing.. that's the main thing. You can get a regular remote starter that only functions strictly as a remote starter and it won't be that much.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you have the Navigation Package, your car comes with something called Infiniti InTouch (see https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/features/system-requirements/infiniti-intouch-services-requirements.html) , which offers Remote Engine Start/Stop:

INFINITI INTOUCH™ SERVICES[*]

Includes:

Automatic Collision Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Report Stolen Vehicle
Alarm Notification[*]
My Schedule (Google Calendar)
Vehicle Health Report
Scheduled Maintenance Notification[*]
Maintenance Alert[*]
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn and Lights
Remote Engine Start/Stop

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you have the Navigation Package, your car comes with something called Infiniti InTouch (see https://www.infinitiusa.com/intouch/features/system-requirements/infiniti-intouch-services-requirements.html) , which offers Remote Engine Start/Stop:

INFINITI INTOUCH™ SERVICES[*]

Includes:

Automatic Collision Notification
Emergency Call
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Report Stolen Vehicle
Alarm Notification[*]
My Schedule (Google Calendar)
Vehicle Health Report
Scheduled Maintenance Notification[*]
Maintenance Alert[*]
Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn and Lights
Remote Engine Start/Stop
Have you tested this? My inTouch app only has a picture of a car on the HOME screen. No option for remote start, unlock, etc.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine says "Remote Services are not available on QX30"
What's strange is that the QX30 is mentioned in the link. I have an Android phone and I have yet to install the app. I will let you know if the remote start works.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just called Infiniti and they confirmed that

Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn and Lights
Remote Engine Start/Stop

are not available on any version of the QX30.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just called Infiniti and they confirmed that

Remote Door Lock/Unlock
Remote Horn and Lights
Remote Engine Start/Stop

are not available on any version of the QX30.
Yikes, that's disappointing. I was able to successfully install the app, but not register an account. Apparently I already have an account registered, but I don't recall creating an account. I suppose I'll have to get in touch with...Infiniti InTouch...to resolve this issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Zee, if you gave your email info to the dealer, your account was created, you need to hit the SOS button in the car and confirm that it connects.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Zee, if you gave your email info to the dealer, your account was created, you need to hit the SOS button in the car and confirm that it connects.
Thanks, Manny. It turns out they used an alternative email address for my account. I was able to log into the Owner's Portal to see what's what.

I can also confirm that the remote start, unlocking, and locking features do not appear in the app. After contacting Infiniti via their chat, they also confirmed that this feature does not exist for our cars. See the chat history for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
aftermarket remote start

Has anyone been able to get a remote start installed on the QX30? My local electronics rep uses Viper Smart start and they do not have a module for the 2017 QX30. I have even emailed Viper and they are "working on it".

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the Viper Smart Start in my old car and will be installing it in my 2018 QX30 by my professional. Since it is the summer and I am not in a rush to have it installed I wont have a proper response for a few weeks. But I will update once it's installed. My installer knows the car I have and hasn't mentioned any issues that might arise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had the Viper Smart Start in my old car and will be installing it in my 2018 QX30 by my professional. Since it is the summer and I am not in a rush to have it installed I wont have a proper response for a few weeks. But I will update once it's installed. My installer knows the car I have and hasn't mentioned any issues that might arise.
Are you able to ask him what he may be using? I checked with my installer and for sure the 2017 qx30 has no viper compatible parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The remote starter is made by Avital and I have the Viper Smart Start Module add-on. The key fob is Vital's and I use the Viper Smart Start app on my phone for long distances. My installer said both are made by the same company.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would like to know what smart start module he used. Viper claims there is no such module and my installer won't experiment with the Nissan or Mercedes to avoid damaging the vehicle/voiding any warranties.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The remote starter is made by Avital and I have the Viper Smart Start Module add-on. The key fob is Vital's and I use the Viper Smart Start app on my phone for long distances. My installer said both are made by the same company.
Great info RemRock. Any chance you could list the part numbers etc? Or send me PM if you prefer? I've been having such a tough time with this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought the Viper Smart Start Module myself at Best Buy 2 years ago, model VSM200. This model has been discontinued since, but is still available on Amazon. Like I mentioned before, my installer has not put the unit in my car yet, but he hasn't mentioned if there will be any issues.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts