Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First of all, hello to everyone in this forum, I am a new partial owner of qx30(wify's car)
I research in this forum and found everyone recommends Hikari 9012 light bulb kit in here, so I go ahead and ordered.
I have no experience in installing light blub in the car, but I do replace a honda accord light bulb before, so here is how I replace my qx30 halogen bulb to led
1)order the kit from Amazon, it fit perfectly, I don't know about what user manual said about H9, what I bought was 9012, so for **** sure it fits 2018 qx30 luxe fwd
2)find an open area with enough light(I did it in my garage, around 11 pm at night, I was using my mouth to hold the flashlight)
3)turn your wheel all the way to left
4)locate 3 pin screw on the side of your rubber guard( they all lineup toward you)
5)use a flat or Y head screwdriver prime it out(slow and easy)
6)using a bit force to flip rubber guard out, starting from top to bottom, they're flexible, no need to worry that you will break it, then just got enough room for your hand to go in
7)turn loose the giant cap
8)now you get access to the light, loose just a bit and try to detach wire first before you completely remove it, otherwise, it's really hard for you to detach it by one hand
9)remove the old light blub(it Phillip, and made in Germany), remove the around cap of your led bulb
10)leave it right next to you on the clean towel, use both of your hand to flip rubber guard open
11)try to eyeball the housing, and use one hand to hold the rubber guard, and another hand to grab the led bulb
12)slide it in slowly, slightly turn clockwise, or counterclockwise to fit, once you feel it its in there completely, turn counterclockwise to tighten it up.
13) plug the wire back, push them all back in, close the big black cap

the whole process costs me about 45 min, it could be faster, but I worry this is a fxxking Benz, if I break something that i have to pay for it.
quite easy to be honest, the hardest part was to hold the rubber guard by one hand and stick the light blub in there. If you can remove the whole wheel, it gonna be a lot easier.
1-check Both turn signal work
2-no flickering
3-test drive for 10 mins, it works

what I don't like was 1)nothing compared to OEM, I drive L rx350 f sport, my OEM can light up the whole street2) too expensive, 49.99 is my price

sorry for my broken english, and if anyone needs help for install, just pm me, I will try my best to help

·
Registered
36 Posts
I tried it and realized I am going to need to remove the wheels. I just couldn’t see the stock bulb in there and am afraid of screwing up.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I removed the wheels when I did mine. Much easier than trying to force it in, blind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine took about 20 minutes total with the wheel on, but I've got a long background doing headlight mods and all that. Would definitely take the wheel off next time lol, would be sooo much easier but really it's probably my favorite first mod so far.

·
Registered
181 Posts
"what I don't like was 1)nothing compared to OEM, I drive L rx350 f sport, my OEM can light up the whole street2) too expensive, 49.99 is my price"

Comparing the RX350 OEM LED headlights against the QX30 OEM LED headlights would be a fair comparison.

Your Hikari lights should be compared to the halogens you removed. If you like them better than the OEM halogen lights, you should be happy with the improvement.

Easier and quicker if you take the wheels off first. Nice to be able to stick your head in there and see what you are doing.

I used Auxito and really like them and the prism effect they have with the Infiniti projector lens...and the price was nice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried it and realized I am going to need to remove the wheels. I just couldn’t see the stock bulb in there and am afraid of screwing up.
no worry, back guard were very flexible, not too mention this is only 1-2 yrs old car.
My car did not come with any jack or inflate tool whatsoever, if your arm are big as "THE ROCK", that you might need to take the wheels out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"what I don't like was 1)nothing compared to OEM, I drive L rx350 f sport, my OEM can light up the whole street2) too expensive, 49.99 is my price"

Comparing the RX350 OEM LED headlights against the QX30 OEM LED headlights would be a fair comparison.

Your Hikari lights should be compared to the halogens you removed. If you like them better than the OEM halogen lights, you should be happy with the improvement.

Easier and quicker if you take the wheels off first. Nice to be able to stick your head in there and see what you are doing.

I used Auxito and really like them and the prism effect they have with the Infiniti projector lens...and the price was nice.
I would like to try them, but Hikari states they have 9600lm brightness compared to others, I would love to see how your perform, I am still in return window with Amazon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts