Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Qxers!!

So, I've possitively failed in two projects today haha! Quickly letting you know the first one is the quad exhaust tips (part number 20800-QX30T) which don't fit with the stock muffler, so I'll take it to the muffler shop tomorrow to get help with that:

On the other hand I decided, since I already removed a lot of screws, installing the rear led sequential tail lamps I ordered. It's pretty straighforward until I got to the wiring part. So, do anyone here knows or have a diagram of the actual order of the cables in the plug? (Neg,Brake, Tail, Signal) The way our Infinitis are built, it's really uncomfortable to deal with, even with a tester:

In the lamps the cables are:
Black: Negative
White: Tail
Yellow: Signal
Red: Brake

PD: My bumper looks a little melted I know, I installed black GLA tails glued to the OEM tips, but soeone stole them from me, and needed to heat the bumper :mad: I just moved on and bought another tips... Here's the picture of the tips my QX had before the incident:

·
Super Moderator
513 Posts

Rear Combination Lamp LH (Body Side)

PinColorDescription
1N/A(No Connection)
2YBrake / STOP
3GRTail / Side Marker
4BTurn Signal
5BRGround
6VDiagnostic Circuit

Rear Combination Lamp RH (Body Side)

PinColorDescription
1N/A(No Connection)
2GRBrake / STOP
3OTail / Side Marker
4BTurn Signal
5BRGround
6VDiagnostic Circuit

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Rear Combination Lamp LH (Body Side)

PinColorDescription
1N/A(No Connection)
2YBrake / STOP
3GRTail / Side Marker
4BTurn Signal
5BRGround
6VDiagnostic Circuit

Rear Combination Lamp RH (Body Side)

PinColorDescription
1N/A(No Connection)
2GRBrake / STOP
3OTail / Side Marker
4BTurn Signal
5BRGround
6VDiagnostic Circuit
Thanks for your quick detailed reply as always!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi fellow Qxers!!

So, I've possitively failed in two projects today haha! Quickly letting you know the first one is the quad exhaust tips (part number 20800-QX30T) which don't fit with the stock muffler, so I'll take it to the muffler shop tomorrow to get help with that:
View attachment 2449
View attachment 2450
View attachment 2451
View attachment 2455

On the other hand I decided, since I already removed a lot of screws, installing the rear led sequential tail lamps I ordered. It's pretty straighforward until I got to the wiring part. So, do anyone here knows or have a diagram of the actual order of the cables in the plug? (Neg,Brake, Tail, Signal) The way our Infinitis are built, it's really uncomfortable to deal with, even with a tester:
View attachment 2452
View attachment 2453
View attachment 2454
In the lamps the cables are:
Black: Negative
White: Tail
Yellow: Signal
Red: Brake

PD: My bumper looks a little melted I know, I installed black GLA tails glued to the OEM tips, but soeone stole them from me, and needed to heat the bumper :mad: I just moved on and bought another tips... Here's the picture of the tips my QX had before the incident:
View attachment 2456
View attachment 2457
Where did you get the LEDs?

·
Registered
2017 Infiniti QX30S - Ink Blue
1 Posts
I’m also considering the factory exhaust tips (20800-QX30T) for my QX30S. Based on the posts above, I take it these are not intended to fit the stock exhaust pipes?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m also considering the factory exhaust tips (20800-QX30T) for my QX30S. Based on the posts above, I take it these are not intended to fit the stock exhaust pipes?
Not without a custom modification, the stock exhaust muffler is too short and curved for these.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How did you gain access to the bolt on the back of the reflector. I tried bending the heat shield and can wedge my hand in there but no chance I can get a socket in there!!!! HEEEELP!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How did you gain access to the bolt on the back of the reflector. I tried bending the heat shield and can wedge my hand in there but no chance I can get a socket in there!!!! HEEEELP!
I couldn't, the way to do it is completely removing the bumper. I never installed them (n)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I couldn't, the way to do it is completely removing the bumper. I never installed them (n)
I am going to try one more time to get them installed!!!! I am trying to not have to remove the bumper. The heat shield was my biggest obstacle I just need to figure out a way around that stupid thing and I don't want to cut it.

·
Super Moderator
513 Posts
I would just remove the bumper. It's not as difficult as you may think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would just remove the bumper. It's not as difficult as you may think.
I didn't consider that option because I've removed bumpers from other cars and placing the bumper in place again can be hassle. The holding clips never seem to behave the way they do when the bumper is clipped for the first time. Removing/reinstalling the front bumper in my old 09 Nissan Versa became a nightmare because the sides of the bumper kept unclipping after that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I gave some thought to dropping the exhaust and that will give me space to move the heat shield enough to make it happen..... so I guess I need to decide to take off the bumper or exhaust....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I gave some thought to dropping the exhaust and that will give me space to move the heat shield enough to make it happen..... so I guess I need to decide to take off the bumper or exhaust....
Post pictures whatever you do! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I will try and get to that this weekend. I am wrapping the hood and roof and restoring the wife's celica all at the same time.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I removed the bumper to swap out the base lower valance with the S-model insert. The most difficult part of the bumper removal is the fender flares. You have to partially remove them to pull off the bumper cover. Those flares are held in place by a combination of push-pins, double side tape, and clips. The clips break very easily.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts