Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Infiniti QX30 Premium Luxury
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Bro,

Hope all is well with you and the Family.

Its me Vicki Vik from Ghana, the guy you were helping sometime back on the subject below:

Transmission Replaced but w/ DTC P0513 - Immobilizer Fault

I left the CAR PARKED in the garage at home till l get myself a clear mind to continue from where we left OFF.

I have gotten the following as you advised from your last reply:

1. J-47446-VI2 vehicle interface (or compatible) - J2534 VCI
2. Purchased a 30-day Online Viewing Subscription from infiniti-techinfo
3. Purchased and installed NERS Software from infiniti-techinfo

I will please want you to help me with ANSWERS/GUIDES to the following below questions so l can proceed from where we STOPPED LAST.

1. During my ECU File search at infiniti-techinfo website in preparation to PROCEED with Re-programming the TCM, please, am being asked to ENTER the First and Last 5 Digits of the ECU PART NUMBER - so my QUESTION is - WHICH DIGITS of the PART NUMBERS on the ECU (Photo Below) ARE THEY referring to? - CHECK PHOTOS CAPTURED FROM ECU - 2018 INFINITI QX30 with VIN SJKCH5CRXJA056467 CAPTURED BELOW

2. SIMILARLY, at the Infiniti-techinfo website on the J2534 Reprogramming page, considering the CAR's ECU PHOTO ABOVE, how do I LOCATE the EXACT:

a. FIRST and LAST 5 digits of your ECU Part # to enable me SEARCH, BUY and DOWNLOAD the CORRECT ECU FILE needed for the RE-PROGRAMMING.

b. ALTERNATIVELY, Please HELP me with the CORRECT ECU PART NUMBERS/DIGITS needed for the TCM Re-programming to enable me PURCHASE and DOWNLOAD the NEEDED ECU FILE.

3. I have here PHOTOS CAPTURED from the VCI SOFTWARE when l queried the for the ID's of the ECM and TCM earlier today - Just FYI Please...

I am very grateful for ALL INPUTS and Thanks in ADVANCE whilst l await your RESPONSE.

Regards
Vicki Vik Font Auto part Gas Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Font Bumper Automotive exterior Gas
Product Rectangle Font Line Screenshot
Font Technology Rectangle Number Screenshot
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Pattern

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
ECM part numbers would look like:

23703-HG005
or
32710-5DD0B
Hello

Thanks very much for the information provided. - Can I please get your NUMBER, so I call you briefly to understand your response. My Number is: [REDACTED], please just give me a FLASH and will RETURN the CALL.

Please I tried entering the above ECU PART NUMBERS provided into the INFINITI-TECHINFO
J-2534 Reprogramming Page
, one line number after another but BOTH vdid NOT Populate beyond fully to display or give me the chance to proceed to see the needed ECU FILE to PURCHASE and DOWNLOAD.

Please if l got your response correctly, should l just go ahead and use this numbers provided to TEST OUT the REPROGRAMMING on the CAR without the NEEDED ECU FILE.

Apologies for the WORRIES.

Regards
Victor

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Sorry, but I am not comfortable posting my personal information. I have removed your phone number from your post so that others do not abuse it.

The ECM file is available via Infiniti Tech-Info. For example, if you have ECM Part # 23710-5DD0B:

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Sorry, but I am not comfortable posting my personal information. I have removed your phone number from your post so that others do not abuse it.

The ECM file is available via Infiniti Tech-Info. For example, if you have ECM Part # 23710-5DD0B:

View attachment 2674

Hello Bro.

Thanks a million for the clarification.
Unfortunately, when I enter EVEN the same numbers as you have done in the PHOTO above, it shows ONLY PARTIAL DISPLAY.

I entered EXACTLY the numbers shown in your POST to enable me see the FIELDS Dropping after Populating, but STILL NOTHING SHOWS on POINT #3:

JUST THE Extract Photo BELOW:

I have LOGGED OUT from the PAGE (infiniti-techinfo.com) and RE-LOGGED in AGAIN, but still its the SAME.

Can you please check and advise if there is something am doing wrong.

Regards
Victor

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you on the correct page and tab?

If using Consult III, then use this link: Infiniti Publications and go to the "C-III + Blank" tab.

If using a generic J2534 interface, then use this link: Infiniti Publications and go to the "Blank Programming" tab.
Hello,

Am right on the Correct Page and Tab.
Will be programming using the Generic J2534 interface as such am exactly on that Page and Tab.

Am tempted to believe, the display of that Point #3, has something to do with REGION SPECIFIC LAST 5 DIGIT ECU #:

REASON is because when you begin typing in the 5DD0B, when the numbers are being displayed, this very 5DD0B is NOT Among the whole long list of numbers showing up.

That's why l don't get it to fully display the list 8f available Configurations to Choose and download.

Will try other numbers combinations amongst the ones available to see if something will show up and revert.

Thanks and will be back shortly.

Regards
Victor

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello,

Am right on the Correct Page and Tab.
Will be programming using the Generic J2534 interface as such am exactly on that Page and Tab.

Am tempted to believe, the display of that Point #3, has something to do with REGION SPECIFIC LAST 5 DIGIT ECU #:

REASON is because when you begin typing in the 5DD0B, when the numbers are being displayed, this very 5DD0B is NOT Among the whole long list of numbers showing up.

That's why l don't get it to fully display the list 8f available Configurations to Choose and download.

Will try other numbers combinations amongst the ones available to see if something will show up and revert.

Thanks and will be back shortly.

Regards
Victor View attachment 2678
Hello Bro.

Exactly as l said earlier the LAST 5 DIGITS of the ECU # to be chosen from the list displayed may have REGION SPEClFlC.

I used your earlier FIRST 5 DIGIT ECU # 23710 plus any random choice LAST 5 from the display and the POINT #3 Now is displayed allowing me to download the available configuration per the Entry Made. See photo attached.

Am now stuck on how and where to get this DCT ECU File from in support of reprogramming this H15 2018.5 ECU Model.

Kindly advice if there is something else l can do to get the correct ECU file for this H15 2018.5 Model.

Regards
Victor

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you're saying your ECM is neither part # that I've listed? What does your invoice say for the new ECM you purchased?
Very grateful and Thanks 🙏 a million for all the Patience you have with me.

A few corrections below to help us all get abreast with my plight please.

1. I have NOT purchased any NEW ECM.

2. Instead l have Completely REPLACED THE Whole TRANSMISSION Assembly which was gotten from a different Car of similar Make, Year and Model, just that the VIN written in this replacement Transmission is different from that of the Car so its currently IMMOBILIZED.

3. You therefore advised sometime last year l should get hold of either CIII+ or a Compatible J2534 VCI Programmer and be ready to buy the NERS Software plus the appropriate ECU Files to help me REPROGRAM THE ECU to accept the NEWLY INSTALLED / Replaced Transmission.

4. That's all l have being trying to do since l now have your Attention and also currently have at hand all programming tools and requirements needed as Advised for the J2534 Reprogramming Procedure.

Regards
Victor

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
I’ve only ever used a new ECM. Infiniti ships them “blank” and they must be programmed. The firmware is available at the link, above, on the “Blank Programming” tab. I’m not sure if the same file can be used to reprogram a used ECU for another vehicle.

You could choose to buy the ECU file for a “blank” ECU and try reprogramming it... They usually cost $30, so it’s not that big of a waste if you want to try it.

Otherwise, I probably can’t help you any more. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello,
Thanks once again for the clarification. You have really done a yoo man's job at helping me all along the way.

I have actually done exactly as you have advised and bought the ECU File as directed.

I will try out using your directed reprogramming approach/steps you gave sometime ago to do the reprogramming and later on revert to report my findings.

Whether l come out successful or not, am once again Very grateful to you and everyone for all the help.

Keep this spirit and love of knowledge sharing ongoing and stay Blessed.

Regards
Victor

1 - 13 of 13 Posts