Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought a 2018 QX30 three weeks ago. It has less than 1,000 miles on it. When leaving work the other day I noticed a low pitched squeaking noise when driving at a low speed and turning my steering wheel. I am able to recreate this problem at low speeds when turning the wheel.

A quick internet search didn't yield much. However, an old post from 2005 for an Infiniti M35x with a similar problem, required the owner to replace the power steering assembly to correct the noise on turning at low speeds.

I will be taking this into the dealer to look but was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, and if yes, what was done to fix it?

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
The QX30 has electric steering — so no pump to go bad/replace. I don’t think any of the M35 information would be useful.

You’ll probably need to let the dealer address it. Perhaps a misalignment between parts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sounds to me like something isn't set right, but I wouldn't imagine it being anything serious. Could just be some pieces that are coming into contact with one another. Have you had a chance to have it looked at yet?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.