Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this car! Bought it two days ago after wrecking my Q50 the day before lease expiration because some lady ran a stop sign! Fully loaded Sport in graphite shadow.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice looking. I'm curious also to see how you like the car and what you don't like. So far the thing that bugs me is that it doesn't have the forward braking like the JX or QX60 and it doesn't have the back up collision braking. Can you describe how the forward emergency braking works however?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice looking. I'm curious also to see how you like the car and what you don't like. So far the thing that bugs me is that it doesn't have the forward braking like the JX or QX60 and it doesn't have the back up collision braking. Can you describe how the forward emergency braking works however?
To be honest I haven't figured out the FEB yet.... It definitely doesn't work like my q50. I haven't gotten it to activate or help brake yet and ive gotten very close to cars before having to hit the brakes myself...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, I have figured it out. It is actually VERY intelligent. It does not brake until the last second. It knows exactly how much force is needed in order to stop you with just enough space to not hit the person in front of you, but also give the person behind you enough time to stop or evade. It is pretty impressive, but definitely not as "active" as the other Infiniti forward braking systems. But it will apply up to 100% of the braking force to stop you if you do not stop once the warning lights come on. I finally tried it this morning, despite how nerve racking it was to not hit the brakes when there is a stopped car in front of me. The red warning light came on and beeped loud, and when I didn't hit the brakes, it did for me and stopped me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
How fast were you going ?? But congratulations on the purchase, terribly sorry to hear about your accident though, glad everyone is okay :(

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How fast were you going ?? But congratulations on the purchase, terribly sorry to hear about your accident though, glad everyone is okay :(
Are you referring to when I had the wreck, or when I was testing the FEB? The owner's manual says it works at speeds over 4 MPH. When I had the accident, I was going 35 mph.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The first time I tried the JX35 braking system, I was very nervous but it didn't take very long to get used to it. We now have the QX60 and I'm spoiled with the automatic braking system. I like seeing the white car icon when the system is in range. Would you say the QX30's system is better than the system on all the other Infiniti models?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The first time I tried the JX35 braking system, I was very nervous but it didn't take very long to get used to it. We now have the QX60 and I'm spoiled with the automatic braking system. I like seeing the white car icon when the system is in range. Would you say the QX30's system is better than the system on all the other Infiniti models?
It's different. From what I've read, it's the most advanced system out there, but it's truly for emergency situations. It says you can be going up to 45 mph and it will detect a completely stopped vehicle and can stop you from hitting a stopped vehicle if you're traveling between 4-30mph. It will prevent you from hitting a slower moving vehicle by braking at speeds between 4 - 125 mph. The other Infiniti models system is way more sensitive and starts stopping you way before the qx30 does. It calculates exactly how much brake force is necessary to stop you inches from hitting the car in front of you, while giving the Cars behind you enough time to stop or evade. The qx30 system will take time to get used to if you are used to the more sensitive systems if their other models, but I'm not ready to say which system is better.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK guys, here is an excellent video explaining how the Forward Emergency Braking System works. If you have the Technology package on the QX30, you have the Equivalent of the "Distronic Plus" system on the Mercedes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ah ha, another former Q50 forum member that's migrated over here. My Q50 lease was up 12/1 and I picked up a QX30 Sport Tech (Malbec Black) yesterday to replace it. Sorry to hear your lease ended so abruptly but I gather you weren't hurt, which is the most important thing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah ha, another former Q50 forum member that's migrated over here. My Q50 lease was up 12/1 and I picked up a QX30 Sport Tech (Malbec Black) yesterday to replace it. Sorry to hear your lease ended so abruptly but I gather you weren't hurt, which is the most important thing.
Hey there I think I remember you from the Q50 forums. If you haven't already, make sure to pick up a Mercedes Keyless Go start/stop button for about $30 on Amazon. Pop it into your ignition switch, and you instantly have Start/stop ignition! Yours may have already come with, they started equipping them on all QX30's that were manufactured 11/1 or later. Not sure why they didn't give them to us early adopters, but it works perfectly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My QX30 took awhile to get here since it was a "special" order so it was built before 11/1. But still better than the wait for my Q50, which was one of the first orders. Remember all those delays? I thought we'd never get the car out of Japan.

Anyway, I ordered the button over the weekend and it's arriving tomorrow. My dealer said that, unlike using the key to turn off the engine which puts the car in park, turning off the engine with the button puts the car in neutral so you have to remember to put it in park. Are you seeing this behavior?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer said that, unlike using the key to turn off the engine which puts the car in park, turning off the engine with the button puts the car in neutral so you have to remember to put it in park.
Clarification: the car shifts into neutral when the engine is turned off, either by key or by button, but it only shifts into park when the key is removed so you have to shift into park manually if you use the button.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My dealer said that, unlike using the key to turn off the engine which puts the car in park, turning off the engine with the button puts the car in neutral so you have to remember to put it in park.
Clarification: the car shifts into neutral when the engine is turned off, either by key or by button, but it only shifts into park when the key is removed so you have to shift into park manually if you use the button.
My QX30 took awhile to get here since it was a "special" order so it was built before 11/1. But still better than the wait for my Q50, which was one of the first orders. Remember all those delays? I thought we'd never get the car out of Japan.

Anyway, I ordered the button over the weekend and it's arriving tomorrow. My dealer said that, unlike using the key to turn off the engine which puts the car in park, turning off the engine with the button puts the car in neutral so you have to remember to put it in park. Are you seeing this behavior?
This is true but even if you forget to push the park button, the car shifts to park anytime the door is opened if the car is stopped or going less than ~ 2mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is true but even if you forget to push the park button, the car shifts to park anytime the door is opened if the car is stopped or going less than ~ 2mph.
Nice catch. So one less thing I have to remember to do before getting out of the car. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts