Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan is so far ahead of the game, why wait for Google when you can just buy yourself an infiniti ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been reading about this and how basically everyone thinks that this guy is an idiot for letting the car drive itself.

Still, it's pretty impressive. Very strange to watch.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've been reading about this and how basically everyone thinks that this guy is an idiot for letting the car drive itself.

Still, it's pretty impressive. Very strange to watch.
It was a bad thing to do since a system like this at this current state is not intended to be used in the way he did, instead, as you know, it's driver assistance with you still their.

·
Registered
14 Posts
People are just narcissists, the only reason the "care" is to demonstrate to others that they "care"

Personally I don't think hes an idiot, if thats what he wanted to do good for him, he's the one who might die. The idiots are the ones who refuse to break the chains. and besides IF he wasn't such an "idiot" they wouldn't have the chance to show how much "smarter" they are... ;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
People are just narcissists, the only reason the "care" is to demonstrate to others that they "care"

Personally I don't think hes an idiot, if thats what he wanted to do good for him, he's the one who might die. The idiots are the ones who refuse to break the chains. and besides IF he wasn't such an "idiot" they wouldn't have the chance to show how much "smarter" they are... ;)
He was at risk, but he could have crashed into another car, so I hardly think he was the only one he put at risk. He could of at least done the experiment on a more rural road so there were less other people around.

·
Registered
209 Posts
He was at risk, but he could have crashed into another car, so I hardly think he was the only one he put at risk. He could of at least done the experiment on a more rural road so there were less other people around.
yup
that's the main issue here, if it was done on a closed off track it would't be so bad.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm sure that Infiniti has probably tested this feature to see if it can handle driving without any pilot too. They probably just didn't say it can do that because they don't really want people to try it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i can believe that.

they probably went beyond what they released it to do, which is a good thing.
just like some car makers in the rest of the industry, i'm sure they're also working on a full self driving car, no human intervention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts