Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
I bought a 2019 QX30 AWD a couple of months ago, pretty happy with the car so far, but having it bought in Spain the customer service seems quite useless.

I'm in search for the Rescue Sheet, can't find it anwhere. Already asked the customer service and the dealer network (now Nissan) but no luck so far, I've also used the forum's search bar, and even the mighty Google doesn't throw any results.

Is there a chance anyone here has it? I'd be most grateful if he/she could send it to me through the forum or via email.

Also, is there any way of knowing if the car has the ability to be located? It looks like the latest Inifiniti app I could find for android is outdated, and again, no help from the customer service.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
I’m not familiar with the term “Rescue Sheet”. What information are you looking for?

Technically, the vehicle does have the ability to communicate location to Infiniti, but I don’t believe it’s exposed to the consumer in any meaningful way. The Infiniti app is extremely limited for the QX30 — most of the features that are supported on the rest of the fleet were never implemented for the QX30.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi p07r0457, thanks so much for answering.
Regarding to the Rescue Sheet, you can find information on the following link:
Rescue sheet on board - helping the rescuers - Rescue sheet
You can see lots of different brands are listed but Infiniti isn't there (I have tried looking for it under Nissan too).

The only result when using Google (searching for "QX30 Rescue Sheet") referred me to this exact forum:
Want Push-Button Start?
But no sign of the document either.

I'm actually asking here cause maybe one of the members on that thread might still have it.

As for the Location Services, that's "good" to know. Not sure how the customer service in Spain/Europe will work (so far so bad) but I wanted to ask other QX30 owners. The thing is that I had a bad experience with my previous car, it was stolen using a remote key cloner in broad day light, being parked in a busy street. It was a Mazda CX3 and didn't have any way of locating it.
I understand that, if requested under such circunstances, Infiniti can locate the car then?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks so much!!
That's why I love the Internet.

You’d probably have to pay for the subscription service.

If you’re an Apple iPhone user I’d just hide an AirTag in the vehicle.
Thanks a lot to you as well.
I've already considered the AirTag hack but I'd need to leave an iPhone in the car too in order for it to work full-time.

·
Super Moderator
612 Posts
Thanks a lot to you as well.
I've already considered the AirTag hack but I'd need to leave an iPhone in the car too in order for it to work full-time.
Not necessarily. The Find My network now works with any phone — even if it’s not yours. So if you live in a city there’s a good chance there are a LOT of iPhones around. Each time the car drives within Bluetooth range of an iPhone (even strangers) it can update its location. Technically, even the thief’s phone could give them away, lol.

search YouTube and there are many videos where people test it. I recall one where someone shipped an activated AirTag and got pretty amazing results on where the package was and what route it took. I’ve also seen videos where people purposesly hide AirTags in public and then make a game of finding them.

another anecdote is I recently ran a 5k and wore my Apple Watch (non-cellular) but left my phone in my car. My wife says she was still able to track my progress throughout the race. It turns out Apple Watches also take advantage of the Find My network and my watch’s location was being updated by all the other race participants who did run with their phones.

cool technology.

I should probably buy a few and hide one in my bike and messenger bag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts