Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
I was one of the earlier reports to Infiniti of the center screen going black. I first noticed it in Dec 2016, and took it to the dealer a few times, got the issue on video, and was finally able to drive it over to a different dealer I was close to when it happened to finally get it documented.

Long story short, a few visits later, and a bunch of parts later, they weren't able to fix the issue, so I took them to the BBB Autoline which they offered me a cash settlement through the program for the backup camera issues, and door alignment issues. After I took the settlement, my QX spent another 26 days at the dealership due to a leaking turbocharger, and the Passenger Airbag recall (for which my dash still does not sit properly again after they had to take it apart). I received notice today that the state has accepted my Lemon Law case and a hearing will be scheduled within a calendar month or so.

This is my third new Nissan/Infiniti in the last 40 months, and haven't had any issues at all with my previous two, and, my parents have had several Infiniti's all with zero issues. Consumer affairs has been nothing but unhelpful, and, just does not care about my brand loyalty at all.

Has anyone else experienced a bunch of issues with their QX30? Has anyone ever taken Nissan/Infiniti to a lemon hearing?

-Dan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had our QX30 for 3 months now, and the screen has also turned off 2 times so far. Have not been able to document it yet though. Too bad there are no Lemon Laws in Canada.

·
Registered
209 Posts
At the very least letting Infiniti corporate know about the issue and getting some sort of paper work or anther form of confirmation is the way to go.
If need be, in a court case situation it would help you a lot. Always helps to hold them accountable.

·
Registered
62 Posts
We had issues with center screen multiple times - car was replaced by Infiniti
How did you do that? can you explain a little more the process, please..... my car is still sitting at the dealer due to the 4WD not available problem, it looks like the mechanics at the dealer have no clue what is going on and are waiting on the infiniti tech line (or support something like that) to get an answer, I have been using a rental car they gave me but not the ideal situation with a new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a used '17 QX30 (Premium FWD) yesterday from the local Infiniti dealer and this morning the screen went black when I put the car in reverse to park. Then it stayed that way. Is this really a common problem on these cars?

·
Registered
123 Posts
It seems to be, yes. When I first bought the car (new), none of the cameras were working (not exactly the problem you're talking about). Since then, I've had the screen go black once. After restarting my car, the screen went back to normal. I've had the car for ~11 months.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had it happen several times in the first few months, but nothing in the last few months. I only have 4k miles on it, but I've owned it a year and the Service A Light came on, so I made an appointment. I have a video on my phone of it going black and staying that way, but it was from 6 months ago. I am not sure if I should even bother.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts