Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

QX30 cosmetic mods

6K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  tony_defo 
#1 ·
I just picked up a preowned QX30 for my wife. I never leave vehicles stock and always put on aftermarket wheels and other tidbits. Vehicle mods is kinda my weekend relaxing hobby.

I have a few minor cosmetic mods and one performance mod so far, which includes:
Silver trim on various controls
Sport pedal covers
GFB DV+
Cargo mat and net
Interior bling

I also purchased the Larte-Design front and side wings, as well as all the OEM components to convert the rear bumper into the sport bumper....those parts are out for paint and I will update later.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Interested to see the Larte' stuff. I think it all looks decent except the sparkly stuff, but I think I read that this is for your wife, so all that matters is if SHE likes it, not some weird dude on a forum. It is all easily removed.
The sport rear bumper (and front) will be a huge improvement. So will the wheels.

#6 ·
These are the OEM parts I ordered (list and image below). Note, I may have to also buy parts 11 & 12. I'm unsure until I test fit, and there are miscelaneous fasteners 5 & 9 which I believe I can reuse from my current non-Sport bumper setup. Lastly, I intend to have the OEM silver tips painted black in leu of purchasing the Sport set (I assume they are the same shape, but will verify on the test fit).

Infiniti QX30 Sport Rear Bumper parts;

4 - Lower Molding - Infiniti (85070-5DL0H)

6 - Lower Molding Finisher - Infiniti (85071-5DL0A)

7 - Molding Extension - Infiniti (85086-5DL0A) factory pre-painted glossy black

8 - Molding Extension - Infiniti (85087-5DL0A) factory pre-painted glossy black

10 - Center Molding - Infiniti (85070-5DL0A) factory pre-painted glossy black

Attachments

#10 ·
So...if you want to do the same thing, you need a few extra OEM parts....specifically;

8 - Screws (01451-00841) six of these hold the center mesh-like trim piece in place, and two hole the black exhaust surrounds in place

4 -Plastic Removable Rivets (N5042-5DA2A) two of these are used at the corners near the wheel wells, and two the connect the bumper panel to the exhaust sub-frame pieces

Also, you have to remove the rear tail lights (body mounted halves) and the bumper cover. You can NOT add the sport parts with the bumper in-place. This means you have to half-remove the rear fender flare trim pieces (this was a pain in the tail and I snapped/broke one clip on each side.

I cleaned the exhaust tips with steel wool and acetone, and painted them with 500 degrees caliper paint...but the paint did not stick very wheel...it had an orange-peel finish. I just needed them to be mostly black as I bought some metal "splitter" covers that apply to the surface. But if you are trying this, and want black tips, you may want to buy and OEM set.

There is also a large shaped piece of black rigid foam (can be seen in the photos below) which is installed with double sided tape in the main bumper that must be removed and discarded, and was as two 2"x 1/2" felt strips on the bottom that cover a hole you need to utilize.

Well I'm trying to add more photos, but something is strange. Each photo uploads and then disappears....anyone know why this is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.