Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
If anyone is still interested in this I just received one of these from Dinan and plan to install it tomorrow. I'll try to take pics of the install but if anyone else has done it and has pics please send them my way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: installed this morning. The install took about 15 min for me (took me about 5 min to figure out how to unclip the sensor).
It's incredibly easy to install, the hardest part was finding a spot to tie it down. After the install, I ran into an issue getting it to pair with the smartphone app, as it turns out there are 2 versions and I had installed the wrong one (make sure you get the Dinantronics SPORT app, not the regular Dinantronics one). After I installed the correct app and unpaired the phone from the car bluetooth (learned this the hard way as well, it won't pair if you leave your phone connected to the car bluetooth) it was able to sync. First step was to calibrate the boost gauge (make sure ignition is on, engine off, you can do this by not pressing the brake pedal and pressing the start button twice). The device comes in sport+ mode by default so I left it at that and went for a drive. Definitely a noticible difference, especially in the lower rpms.
For those asking about which drive mode is selected in the car (eco, sport, manual) I left it in eco mode and the chip appears to override it, because it definitely didn't drive like it usually does in eco mode. I haven't tried switching to sport or manual but I'll give it a shot and post an update if anyone is interested. Also if you need pics to help with the install just pm me and I'll send some over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update: installed this morning. The install took about 15 min for me (took me about 5 min to figure out how to unclip the sensor).
It's incredibly easy to install, the hardest part was finding a spot to tie it down. After the install, I ran into an issue getting it to pair with the smartphone app, as it turns out there are 2 versions and I had installed the wrong one (make sure you get the Dinantronics SPORT app, not the regular Dinantronics one). After I installed the correct app and unpaired the phone from the car bluetooth (learned this the hard way as well, it won't pair if you leave your phone connected to the car bluetooth) it was able to sync. First step was to calibrate the boost gauge (make sure ignition is on, engine off, you can do this by not pressing the brake pedal and pressing the start button twice). The device comes in sport+ mode by default so I left it at that and went for a drive. Definitely a noticible difference, especially in the lower rpms.
For those asking about which drive mode is selected in the car (eco, sport, manual) I left it in eco mode and the chip appears to override it, because it definitely didn't drive like it usually does in eco mode. I haven't tried switching to sport or manual but I'll give it a shot and post an update if anyone is interested. Also if you need pics to help with the install just pm me and I'll send some over.
Hi, can you send some photos???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Photos attached. When looking at the engine from the front, the sensor is on the right side underneath a bundle of cables. It's bolted down with a torx T25 screw which you don't actually need to remove to unplug the sensor, but I removed it to have easier access to the sensor.
The clip to unplug the sensor cable is the little grey part, you have to slide it out (i used a thin flat head screwdriver to wedge in between the grey part and the plug then twisted it which popped it out pretty easily) and then press it down and pull the plug. I didn't get any pics after the install since at that point it's self explanatory, but as for strapping down the device I strapped it to the bundle of cables directly above the sensor.
Hope this helps, let me know how it goes for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Eb1, nice! Okay, okay, I gotta install this thing. It's just collecting dust on my work bench.

Any interest in getting in contact with the Dinan engineer who sent me the tuner? I'm guessing he'd love to talk to you about it. He said he's working on another version of the tuner that adds more performance.

Let me know if you're okay with it, and I'll share your post with him and if there is an email he could reach out to you, could you pass it on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sure Smittylit, I'll pm you my email address. I'd be happy to test a unit that's tuned specifically for our car. Glad I could help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would love to hear some real world experience with this boost controller. I just got my QX 30 sport last week and that’s one of the first things I want to do to it.
I had a reflash done to my 2007 Acura RDX turbo and it made a huge difference. This seems easier and more fun / customizable. I’d love to know what it does to your gas mileage, does your redline change, and can you still put it in economy mode? Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Newbie. I just bought a 2017 Sport on Saturday. If Dinan is still interested, I am willing to bring it to Morgan Hill. About 20 miles from where I live.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I hope to be getting this within the month or so. It’s nice and peppy in sport mode now but this I think will make a perfect improvement for the torque and horsepower combined. Just enough to push it to lean towards a performance hatchback ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
OK - the Dinantronics Boost controller arrived yesterday. A very nice and simple mod to discretely take your QX30 up a notch or two. Power and torque are obviously increased at low RPMs and peak around 4000 rpm.
A couple more observations:
It literally takes 5 minutes to complete.
* Your TRANSMISSION still defaults to Economy mode.
* The Dinantronics defaults at Sport+.
* I tried valet and stock modes just so I could see if I could tell the difference (slightly sluggish in Valet/parental control mode)...
* I didn't try RACE yet since a warning pops up on the ap telling you that 93 octane is recommended for Race mode. I will need to find me some or go get some 100+ they sell locally in 5 gallon containers. (most all premium here is just 91)

It REALLY makes me want some type of exhaust improvement for the audible enjoyment. (I can't tell you how much more fun the G37S exhaust made driving my EX35)... Pops had a CLA45 that sounded better than any daily driver I had ever heard...until he got the C63 AMG. WOW. I want that sound in our QX30, or something close.

Happy with the mod. It is a bargain for what you get in return. Can't wait to surprise a few cars at the light.
:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
OK - the Dinantronics Boost controller arrived yesterday. A very nice and simple mod to discretely take your QX30 up a notch or two. Power and torque are obviously increased at low RPMs and peak around 4000 rpm.
A couple more observations:
It literally takes 5 minutes to complete.
* Your TRANSMISSION still defaults to Economy mode.
* The Dinantronics defaults at Sport+.
* I tried valet and stock modes just so I could see if I could tell the difference (slightly sluggish in Valet/parental control mode)...
* I didn't try RACE yet since a warning pops up on the ap telling you that 93 octane is recommended for Race mode. I will need to find me some or go get some 100+ they sell locally in 5 gallon containers. (most all premium here is just 91)

It REALLY makes me want some type of exhaust improvement for the audible enjoyment. (I can't tell you how much more fun the G37S exhaust made driving my EX35)... Pops had a CLA45 that sounded better than any daily driver I had ever heard...until he got the C63 AMG. WOW. I want that sound in our QX30, or something close.

Happy with the mod. It is a bargain for what you get in return. Can't wait to surprise a few cars at the light.
:)
Which one is the model from Dinan? Very interested!

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.