Infiniti QX30 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Currently im looking for right headlight for my car (bumper and grill also). First i called to the official dealer and they proposed me to buy a new headlights (LED lights for this model costs 4700 canadian dollars each) and grill (1000 CAD).
Wanted to ask you is it possible just to replace bulbs in my Premium model if its broken.
Also wanted to ask if grill is the same like in a Base model (they have different part numbers may be because of built-in camera and grill looks better). I can just replace camera from previous to new grill and may be just to repair my current headlight.
Im really hoping on your help, thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
Officially, the LED lamps are a sealed assembly. Unless you’re trying to Frankenstein something, you’d have to replace the whole headlamp unit.

Last time I looked at the grill area, there were differences near the emblem to accommodate the radar unit. So if you have radar, you need a compatible grill/emblem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Officially, the LED lamps are a sealed assembly. Unless you’re trying to Frankenstein something, you’d have to replace the whole headlamp unit.

Last time I looked at the grill area, there were differences near the emblem to accommodate the radar unit. So if you have radar, you need a compatible grill/emblem.
Thanks for the answer! But is it possible to install Hologen headlights instead of LED on this model?
(LED new are too expensive)

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
Thanks for the answer! But is it possible to install Hologen headlights instead of LED on this model?
(LED new are too expensive)
Anything is possible. I don't know if it's plug-n-play or if you'd have to reprogram the BCM, however. Different signaling is used for LED vs Halogen. It's possible the BCM is programmed for both systems... But it's more likely that it is programmed for the system the vehicle was originally equipped with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anything is possible. I don't know if it's plug-n-play or if you'd have to reprogram the BCM, however. Different signaling is used for LED vs Halogen. It's possible the BCM is programmed for both systems... But it's more likely that it is programmed for the system the vehicle was originally equipped with.
Thanks as always for your super informative posts. To go on a tangent here, I'd like to upgrade my 2017 Premium AWD with brighter headlights as the stock ones are too dull. Can you advise as to the actual procedure, and bulbs to do so? The bulbs you recommend in a former post are no longer available =(.

·
Super Moderator
655 Posts
Thanks as always for your super informative posts. To go on a tangent here, I'd like to upgrade my 2017 Premium AWD with brighter headlights as the stock ones are too dull. Can you advise as to the actual procedure, and bulbs to do so? The bulbs you recommend in a former post are no longer available =(.
The Hikari were an improvement, initially, but they dimmed significantly, over time. At one point we realized that they were "on" but not providing any effective lighting in front of the vehicle. As a test, I swapped back to one of the original halogen bulbs (I had kept them, because I guess I'm a hoarder?) and was dismayed to discover the Hikari had indeed faded quite a bit. I ended up swapping both bulbs back to the original halogens. I haven't experimented with any other LEDs. They all seem to follow the same basic design, so I fear they'll all suffer a similar fate. Every OEM that I can think of who sells factory-equipped LED headlamps does so with purpose-built headlamp assemblies designed exclusively for LEDs. There is clearly a reason.

If you feel comfortable experimenting and are okay spending some coin to do it, I encourage you to try some other options and report your findings. Please keep in mind that the performance when new is important, but that things may change over the course of a year or two, so you'll want to re-evaluate the performance to ensure it's still satisfactory -- and those are great data points to report back on the forum.

9012/HIR2 bulbs should be physically compatible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts