Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here but not to INFINITI. About to purchase a 2017 qx30s with Nav, pano and leather. I have some questions:

1. Both headlights are fogging up, was this a common issue for the 2017? Having this addressed before purchase.

2. The leather package indicates "footwell lamps" although I did not notice any. Anyone?

3. the car has a build date of 7/16 (includes push start), was there a certain production timeframe that had electrical glitches. In my short time with the car, everything seemed OK, no lag or freezing.

4. with the intelligent park assist included in with the S model, is it difficult for the system to recognize parking spots?

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
404 Posts
1. I'm not sure how common the headlight fogging issue is, although we have seen a few reports, on the forum. Personally, I would not purchase such an early production model... But it's your call.

2. I believe there is a small light in each footwell. They're nothing special.

3. The push button was probably added after-the-fact by either the previous owner or the dealer. We don't know for sure, but it seems that the vehicle software is slightly different on vehicles that didn't come from the factory with the push button and they may not have all the same safety/warning checks in place. Be careful.

4. My QX30 doesn't have the intelligent park assist. I did test drive one that had it and the "arrow" indicator on the cluster did illuminate often... But I never actually tested the feature. Perhaps someone else can comment.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. I'm not sure how common the headlight fogging issue is, although we have seen a few reports, on the forum. Personally, I would not purchase such an early production model... But it's your call.

2. I believe there is a small light in each footwell. They're nothing special.

3. The push button was probably added after-the-fact by either the previous owner or the dealer. We don't know for sure, but it seems that the vehicle software is slightly different on vehicles that didn't come from the factory with the push button and they may not have all the same safety/warning checks in place. Be careful.

4. My QX30 doesn't have the intelligent park assist. I did test drive one that had it and the "arrow" indicator on the cluster did illuminate often... But I never actually tested the feature. Perhaps someone else can comment.
Thanks for the information. 2: they must be very small, I could not see them or any light!

·
Registered
184 Posts
The puddle lights are part of the interior ambient light LED package... I am wanting to add a few of them to mine. Footwells (front and back...I really only care about front. Lights in the door handles and lock area, I believe around the top of the glove box, lights around the cup-holders and lights in the 4 headrests. I want to add those also.

·
Registered
123 Posts
My QX30 has a build of 10/2017 (or maybe 9/2017):

1. No issue with fogging

2. There is an adjustment nob to control the lighting, is that turned down all the way, perhaps? Do you see the lights near the front driver/passenger door grips? (not the handles, the actual grip) What about the lights in the rear seats on the floor? Maybe they're burned out?

3. I had an electronics problem when I first bought it. It took the dealer and some Infiniti corporate engineers 2 weeks to resolve, but things have been mostly fine since. I installed the push-button start myself, never had any issues. I'm not aware of a before/after for electronic issues.

4. I would say, yes, it's difficult for the system to recognize parking spots. Don't plan on using this feature, I've never seen it work. Coincidentally, for the first time ever, I saw the assist prompt show up (not the arrow, but the actual prompt to engage the parking assist) the other day - this was a day or so after I had been to the dealer. I had asked them about software upgrades, not sure if they did anything or not. It was odd that I was seeing it though, never saw it before - I didn't try to use it. With the bird's eye view camera system, you hardly need it to "park itself".

·
Registered
184 Posts
Could you snap a few photos for me? I really want to see what it looks like in the headrests and on the dash.
Thank you!!

I ended up purchasing another QX30s with the tech and led packages so this one did not have the fogging issue. The enhanced ambient interior looks awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts