Infiniti QX30 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited a dealer the other day to look at QX30 Sport.

The Sales Rep I dealt with told me that if I am in no rush to buy, I should place a factory order (instead of purchase one currently in inventory) since all units manufactured November 1st onward will come from the factory with push button ignition.

He said that they were advised of this by an Infiniti product trainer during a recent training session on the QX30.

Has anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yes anything manufactured Nov 1 or later...but the part is only $30 for push button ignition. Your dealer can provide it for free. It just pops into the ignition slot.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wait, a rep told you to place a factory order? He really said that? He may be right about the push button on cars going forward, but this is not a car you can factory order yet. Believe me, I've tried.

Really what he should have said, is wait for one to come in that has the button already in it.

Reactions: Infiniti_Guy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Coming from a sales person at an Infiniti Dealer, I would definitely have to take @Sinecure word on it. But if this is just for the button, can't you easily just buy the button itself and drop it in no problemo?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Not surprised by that answers, probably 1/4 of those working in car sales are well versed in what they do and the ones that do well do VERY well. Sinecure is an example of one of them. Often I come across potential owners/owners that know more than the person selling them a vehicle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not surprised by that answers, probably 1/4 of those working in car sales are well versed in what they do and the ones that do well do VERY well. Sinecure is an example of one of them. Often I come across potential owners/owners that know more than the person selling them a vehicle.
I do agree with that completely. Typically though, when the rep is on a forum or something involved with the community, you have a pretty good chance that they are very knowledgeable in what they're doing. But you're right, I've come across way too many sales reps that really had the limited knowledge of a brochure and nothing beyond it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I do agree with that completely. Typically though, when the rep is on a forum or something involved with the community, you have a pretty good chance that they are very knowledgeable in what they're doing. But you're right, I've come across way too many sales reps that really had the limited knowledge of a brochure and nothing beyond it.
Depending on how they engage with the community sometimes they're here not only for selling and generating leads but for reasons similar to ours.

But no always you find those same folks on forums. Anyone that knows enough about vehicles can pick up in a quick and simple conversation when the other person doesn't know enough for their purpose.

I pick up on it all the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts